FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
buying a Aston Martin V8 Vantage?

seems to be pretty awesome and fast!

V8Vantagesideon.jpg

Aston Martin Aims V8 Vantage at Porsche 911

Date Posted 02-23-2005

GENEVA, Switzerland — Aston Martin's new V8 Vantage will be unveiled at the Geneva motor show next week. Priced below existing Astons, it will go head-to-head with the Porsche 911.

The Vantage will be priced around $120,000 when it goes on sale in September — about $40,000 cheaper than a DB9. It will take Aston into Porsche 911 and Maserati GranSport territory, opening up a whole new market for the brand.

The Vantage is powered by a 4.3-liter V8 that produces 385-hp. Its aluminum body weighs around 3,300 pounds. The car has a top speed of 180 mph and a 0-to-60-mph time of under 5 seconds, making it at least as fast as the bigger V12-powered DB9.

Aston Martin will build only 3,000 a year at its new factory in central England. Demand is already outstripping supply; Aston is quoting deliveries in 2007 if you order one today.

What this means to you: If you're lucky enough to consider cars in this price range, the V8 Vantage is reason enough to rethink your options. The 911 may still prove to be a better sportscar, but the V8 Vantage has a shape that's almost too good to pass up.

- http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Articles/articleId=104801

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm definitely interested in it. I look forward to driving it, but I'm not sure that 380hp is up to snuff. Inside is pretty much DB9 lite, so I know what that's all about, but I'm curious to see how the car feels when pushed. Is it more grand tourer or 911 S is the question, I suppose...

Either way, great looking car.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
380 ponyes... whats the weight of the thing???

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
~3500 lbs. It's not exactly going to be a barnburner in terms of speed, but I hear it has phenomenal brakes and gearbox. There is a TT version in the works, which should be much more interesting, but I'm sure that will kick up the base price at least 25-30k, which makes it a lot less interesting for the money.

Still, an extremely sexy car.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
There's a great deal of excitement about the car over here in the UK - however the lead times from order are fairly ghastly, 2 years.... However I suspect many people will trade their cars pretty quickly for the premium.

A brand new AMV8 or a used DB9? That's a question many will ask....