Anyone have sound/vid file of FRPP Exhaust + FRPP Headers?

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
I am about to get these 2 components installed on my GT, and just wondering if anyone has a sound clip or vid file of a car set up this way. Thanks.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Anyone?...Bueller?....Bueller?....

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
A sound clip won't do it. You need to stand there and have your bones rattled to really get it.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Have you heard a car with this set-up? If so, how does it sound at idle? I would guess that it would be reasonable at idle, but would explode when revved past 4000 rpm. Can you share any observations? My car is getting the install done this week, and I am trying to figure out what to expect. I know, I'm like a little kid before Christmas...

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I have only the Borla installed and it rumbles nicely at low RPM.
At high RPM, under load, it has explosive sound.

Even reving to max RPM at a stand still will rattle your teeth if your standing behind the GT. :biggrin

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Geez. I wonder how much louder it will be with the headers? Hope I'm not making a mistake. We'll find out on Friday, I guess!

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
clax i sell you mine...

they are loud..

sorry.. louder than loud.. hp gain is 30

but wide open one could hear you from 3 miles away.. very close to formula 1 racing loud..

i sell you mine cheap.. if you want..

i loved my sound before i put on the turbos,, just that my wife would not drive the car anymore.. heheh

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
piko6 said:
clax i sell you mine...

they are loud..

but wide open one could hear you from 3 miles away.. very close to formula 1 racing loud..

i loved my sound before i put on the turbos,, just that my wife would not drive the car anymore.. heheh

Thanks for the offer, but it's too late. My dealer took delivery of the parts last week, and my car is in getting the install as we speak.

Louder than loud? Louder than a Lambo Murcielago with Tubi & straight pipes? HP gain sounds good, though.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
piko6 said:
clax i sell you mine...

they are loud..

How much and what does it include? And I promised myself I would'nt mod this car.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
clax it is louder than the murcielago heheh much more ?? YEP

My set includes the exhaust long tube headers and that is 2 components per side.. it is complete

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Hey piko, did you have any problems with the check engine light coming on while running the headers? If so, what did you do to fix it? I'm just trying to be prepared for what may happen tomorrow (they are installing today). Thanks.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
deafening GT-s

piko6 said:
clax it is louder than the murcielago heheh much more ?? YEP

My set includes the exhaust long tube headers and that is 2 components per side.. it is complete
Piko does not refer to the combination catless pipes into a Borla muffler. He refers to the direct exhausts, without box !

I thought, be worthwhile to clarify. His, ... will get you easily arrested.... but flame nicely in the back, looks like a spaceshuttle at night ! :biggrin

I think the Borla box with the Borla headers could be the best combo. I have the box, and still need to change the headers out.

Stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Clax said:
Hey piko, did you have any problems with the check engine light coming on while running the headers? If so, what did you do to fix it? I'm just trying to be prepared for what may happen tomorrow (they are installing today). Thanks.
It-s just a fix in the ECU you need to do. When you get a tune, they can do that for you. Even without tune.