Anyone else out there into boats?

Tomcat

GT Owner
We are starting to part-time on Perdido Key, Florida so I have procured my new ride.

Attachments

• IMG959320.jpg
    IMG959320.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 127

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
1989 38 foot Formula?

Tomcat

GT Owner
1988/89 (built in 88, sold as 89) Formula 311 SR-1 with twin 500s

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They were so much nicer looking before they integrated the the swim platform.

Nice solid rough water wave crushers. Well constructed.

I'll even give you a pass for the Chevy power plants. ;)

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Wishing you much enjoyment with your newest acquisition!!! The Pantera needs to stay put!!!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I love boats, my favorite boat is my friends boat!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Looks like one hell of a ride!

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Back in the day, me an my dad.

Attachments

• 0E613A9E-8A20-410A-8DAB-116D5B475FAB.jpeg
    0E613A9E-8A20-410A-8DAB-116D5B475FAB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: steved57 and DG1

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thanks for all the love. The swim platforms get mixed reviews but I like the convenience. I do most of my own work so between the two boat motors and the new V10 Excursion to pull the boat I gained three new motors so the Pantera MAY be up for discussion. My property in Florida does not have the garage space that the Pantera deserves.

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I run big block Cobalts,
but as retirement looms I am curious. Recently we considered NC or FL for the warmth. NC has hills and FL is flat so maybe you can shed some light on the subject.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
For all the love. The swim platforms get mixed reviews but I like the convenience.

You have the attractive bolt-on Thunder Exhaust swim platform.

Around '90/'91 they redesigned their line up to include the swim platform into the hull and deck. It added an excessive amount of length back there. Totally ruined the beautiful Formula design.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
For all the love. The swim platforms get mixed reviews but I like the convenience. I do most of my own work so between the two boat motors and the new Excursion to pull the boat I gained three new Motors so the Pantera MAY be up for discussion. My property in Florida does not have the garage space that the Pantera deserves.
But NC does!!! Where's the darn "thumbs down" emoji. If I had the garage space, I'd take the Pantera off your hands!!!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I run big block Cobalts,
but as retirement looms I am curious. Recently we considered NC or FL for the warmth. NC has hills and FL is flat so maybe you can shed some light on the subject.
We are just feeling our way through the retirement thing. I am from Florida originally (and have lived in San Diego...so take my temp/weather tolerance with a grain of salt).
Pensacola is not so far south (in Florida) so it might not be the warm winter retreat like Sarasota/Key West (BUT it still is HOT/HUMID in the Summer)...and it does get a few days in the 40s in the winter. We like NC (we are in a little mill town like Mayberry just north of Greensboro) but winters can be cold (by my standards) and summers are hot! Go to the foothills near Asheville, NC or Floyd, Va. and the summer temps are easily 10 degrees lower.
You have the attractive bolt-on Thunder Exhaust swim platform.
Around '90/'91 they redesigned their line up to include the swim platform into the hull and deck. It added an excessive amount of length back there. Totally ruined the beautiful Formula design.
I 100% agree...my 31 is a true 31+ feet and over 33' with platform.

Attachments

• Low res motors.jpg
    Low res motors.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: DG1 and tpraceman

Tomcat

GT Owner
But NC does!!! Where's the darn "thumbs down" emoji. If I had the garage space, I'd take the Pantera off your hands!!!!
You are right...something else MIGHT go instead...BUT I would probably incur some wrath if it was the NSX.

Reactions: RPM217

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I 100% agree...my 31 is a true 31+ feet and over 33' with platform.

Withe the newer integrated platform, your hull became the 35'.

Yup, you have the classic.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I run big block Cobalts......

Gentlemen,

I own a big block Cobalt as well. A 454 Chevrolet powered Cobalt 232. It's been and continues to be a wonderful very reliable boat that I've used quite a bit for almost 22 years now.

Chip

Cobalt.jpg

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Gentlemen,

I own a big block Cobalt as well. A 454 Chevrolet powered Cobalt 232. It's been and continues to be a wonderful very reliable boat that I've used quite a bit for almost 22 years now.

Chip

View attachment 56191
I knew you had great taste ;)
Gentlemen,

Chip

View attachment 56191
I always knew you had great taste.FB_IMG_1494779450296.jpg

Tomcat

GT Owner
I expected nothing less from you Chip!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
This is the FGT forum, right? I can't be the only boater that bleeds Ford Blue while boating, can I?

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    519.4 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: DG1 and Nafod

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
This is the FGT forum, right? I can't be the only boater that bleeds Ford Blue while boating, can I?

Sweet! Looks like some real horsepower madness 2112:)

Reactions: Nafod