Anyone driving to Sonoma from the PNW?

Hi guys:

My wife and I plan to drive the GT from the central Willamette Valley to Sonoma, possibly in one day (roughly 10 hours), arriving Monday Sept 2nd in the afternoon, in time for the meet and greet party. Is anyone interested in driving down (and/or back) together? Going down the coast doesn't seem likely to be fun owing to the large amount of traffic we could expect to meet, the 2nd being Labor Day (been there, done that). We could also meet others along the route. Right now, the best "not terminally boring" way looks like down I-5 to Grants Pass, down the Smith River Canyon to Crescent City, down 101 to near Santa Rosa, then over to Sonoma. If others are interested, we can discuss routes etc - nothing is final. Interest? Suggestions? Ideas?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

David

What? No interest? Are we the only owners from Washington/Oregon who plan to drive down?

Our plans have changed slightly - now we expect to go down on the 3rd (not the 2nd) and do it in one day to avoid Labor Day traffic as much as possible. Otherwise, the same tentative plan.

Cheers!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Pretty sure there will be others from Seattle area. I personally haven't given too much thought about travel dates yet.

As the Rally gets closer will be in a better position to coordinate with others from the area and along the route.

ed.life

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2012
Victoria B.C. Canada
I am traveling from Victoria B.C. on I-5. I'm booked at the hotel and will go watch the America's Cup events after the Rally....I'm a newbe and still don't know what the Rally is ? but I'll figure it out....ed.life

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I am traveling from Victoria B.C. on I-5. I'm booked at the hotel and will go watch the America's Cup events after the Rally....I'm a newbe and still don't know what the Rally is ? but I'll figure it out....ed.life

You will not be disappointed.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Welcome. I'm on the island in early July, maybe we can meet up for a beer.

Cobraguy

GT Owner

I'm heading down from Kelowna early on Sept 2 with GT in tow..

ed.life

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2012
Victoria B.C. Canada
the beers in the fridge. What's your ETA ? .....ed.life

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'm heading down from Kelowna early on Sept 2 with GT in tow..

Are you going over to 5 then down or the 82 through Yakima to 97 through Biggs?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Our son is getting married in Kelowna on the weekend before the rally so at this point it looks like we won't be heading south until early Monday morning (sept 1)...It appears to be about 1100 miles and I'd like to make the meet and greet on Tuesday evening so it will be a couple long days.....Also undecided wether we'll be tailoring the gt or driving it.....truck / trailor parking may be an issue at Sonoma so when more info becomes available it may make my mind up for me. What are your plans for the trip down?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Correction.....leaving Kelowna Monday /Sept 2.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
It's looking like Floridaho Chris and I will be leaving Sandpoint (trailering) early Monday the 2nd. Our plan is to take the 90W to the 395S to the 84W then south on 97 at Biggs (located at the Columbia River gorge). Then down the 97 to the 5 and probably overnight somewhere in the Redding area. This will leave a short day on Tues to unload, relax then easily make the Tues event. I was able to spend 3 days with DBK checking out the area and I believe parking trailers and tow vehicles at Sonoma Raceway in a secure location for a reasonable price will be an option. If you Cobraguy or any of our GT brothers from the Great White North (eh) wish to hook up on the drive down let me know.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks for the offer Steve but it looks like I may be a half day behind you....The wedding is Sat night and will no doubt be an all nighter and my wife and I would like to see the newlyweds off on Sun. If we can get away later on Sunday we may be able to hook up so I'll keep in touch......have a good day eh!

Well, now that the Rally is less than a month away, is anyone driving down I-5 through Oregon on Sept. 3rd to get to Sonoma?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Well, now that the Rally is less than a month away, is anyone driving down I-5 through Oregon on Sept. 3rd to get to Sonoma?
My wife and I with trailer in tow hope to be thru the morning of the 3 rd.