Anybody like Meatballs?

Pipelion

I'm aiming for a heritage (meatballs included),

but the pics of the red mule looked great with some race balls with numbers
on doors hood and tail. As well as the white mule with the number 4 on it.

Anybody thinking of 'smilies' for their GT.

Before anyone thinks himself to civilized for such "Nascar type accesories', may I remind you the Ford GT is telling everyone that looks at it "I can slit your throat", I'm so fast and mean.

Sure all black and as well as tungstun is definatly demuir and sophisticated. But.

I'm curious, I'd really like to hear both sides, NEVER NEVER or I'd like too but don't have the balls. Whatever my mind is made up. I want to know what you guys think.

Deric Bell sure deserves some real BIG BALLS for those Le Mans 246mph runs.

Balls or nip and tuck?

Allan :cheers

Pipelion

Bump,

Come on guys, 60 have read this thread and no one will say they want or don't want racing numbers on their GTs????????? :thumbsdow :thumbsup

Allan

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I've got a heritage, so I don't count. But at least I have balls enought to answer :wink

I don't think I'd put race numbers on a none heritage, I almost made a smily out of mine or put a ? in it. Wife talked me out of it, good thing I guess.

Mine has a 5

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
my answer is they belong on race cars, not my thing

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
centerpunch said:
I think if you've got a 2006 car with the paint scheme of a 1960's race car, why not have the meatballs and numbers? Then spectators who don't know of the Gulf history will at least realize you're emulating a race car instead of just having VERY unusual (blue with orange?) color choices.

Good point! Although I too liked the red one I saw with the number plates!!! Car is still to new to me to consider. And for the record I didnt buy nor do I care what anyone thinks about my rides, its all for me!!!! So if I like it i'd do it.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Faster, faster, faster Allan !

Allan aka Pipe Lion,

I guess by now we all await you to show us your car, once it is ordered and delivered and how you will dress it up and what you will want to emulate in the end.

We just like the GT ! We just like the history linkage, knowing we don't drive a historic 1966 GT40, but a tribute car that kicks ass and shows the world, Ford aka US can if they want to , just as good as anyone else in Italy or Germany or Elsewhereistan...

If I would put racing decals on it and cruise around with 70mph to drop off the laundry wearing a helmet and a fireproof raceoverall, I'd feel rightout stupid !

So, let us go cruising in a rare & greatlooking heritage tribute car, while you win the race to the coffeshop ! :thumbsup

don stefano

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
SLF360 said:
Allan aka Pipe Lion,

I guess by now we all await you to show us your car, once it is ordered and delivered and how you will dress it up and what you will want to emulate in the end.

We just like the GT ! We just like the history linkage, knowing we don't drive a historic 1966 GT40, but a tribute car that kicks ass and shows the world, Ford aka US can if they want to , just as good as anyone else in Italy or Germany or Elsewhereistan...

If I would put racing decals on it and cruise around with 70mph to drop off the laundry wearing a helmet and a fireproof raceoverall, I'd feel rightout stupid !

So, let us go cruising in a rare & greatlooking heritage tribute car, while you win the race to the coffeshop ! :thumbsup

don stefano

Pretty funny man! Excellent sarcastic connotations.. Dont know if Id laugh or be offended :rofl

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Heritage Numbers

Love my Gulf with #6... Midnite Blu and Heritage Too....

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Whatcha mean numbers belong on race cars, this is a race car!
:biggrin

Pipelion

That's more like it!

I'm smiling :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Allan

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
SuperB said:
Whatcha mean numbers belong on race cars, this is a race car!
:biggrin
I think so, too.

Attachments

• CIMG6335b.JPG
    CIMG6335b.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 96

Pipelion

One,

Is that your GT?

Allan

PS Is that your jet? :biggrin

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
car-yes
aircraft -no

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
I did it!!!

OK, I put racing numbers on my red GT.....and they looked Great!!

Then I realized everyone and thier brother would be quick to serve up thier 2 cents and I did not feel like hearing the abuse so I removed them.

Yes the number 3 looked great and like the 1966 "Rabbit" car Dan Gurney drove at Lemans.

Actually, the decals had too many wrinkles in them and it was too cold in December to have them melt out in the sunshine as they should. I also realized that I did not want the rondels interfering with the side stripes.

I had put a 18 inch one on the top rear, and I suggest 12 inch for the doors and hood.

Art T :eek

Pipelion

One,

Mean mochean!! That white Ford GT w/stripes, like it a lot. Just saw my first one in those exact colors and really thought it looked cool. I like the meatball, you need more. You have more balls than all on this site for doing 190mph every day. Love you man. That GT must look so cool on the Autobahn at speed. :banana

Art,

My dads name was Art. And Art is my middle name, I saw the red GT mule with roddells and though tit super( Freudian slip covers nice round boobs). You should put new ones on when it warms up. Ford had the door balls even cover the side stripes( I liked it). If I knew how to post a pic I'd post it. PM me somebody that can post a pic and I'll email you the pic of the red GT with numbers. Get balls Art :biggrin , forget what people think. You need new balls. :thumbsup

Take care,

Allan

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
Balls!!!

Allan,

I appreciate your comments and you are right.....Balls are a must. If you get a chance to look at the pics of my car in the galleries....I wanted to set it up like the mule #1 like in the book. I had just put the Terelingua sticker on and as you read the comments.....everyone has an opinion.

I think a car like this is as much a tribute to the GT40 as much as it is a modern road car....therefore, meatballs and numbers are up to you.

More importantly, I hope we GT Owners can get over ourselves and try to get an organization much like the Viper and Porsche owners have. At that time do I get the opportunity to smack the guy that put down my meatballs or decals on the forum? Probably not...So rather than say anything that someone may take as derogitory in future.....I try to think twice about what I send in.

Beyond that......Its all good. :bs