Any word on new options before time runs out?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
If production ceases in Dec. '06 like most people expect, then there's not much time to put any more options into the pipeline.

I expect at least one of these to make it:

Replaceable Gurney Lips for the rear, possibly polished alloy, so you could
tune the aero for different tracks
Redesigned optional stereo console mounted speaker (the one they have no
looks like a 1936 GE tube radio I used to have)
Wider wheels for rear (don't know if wheelwell will accomodate wider wheels and tires)

Optional wider rear clamshell to accomodate wider rear wheels and tires
for racing only (but no one would arrest you if you used it on the street)
custom fit luggage for passenger side floor (then you would have to have a passenger no taller than 5 ft. tall)

Thin shell bucket seats like Ferrari 360 Modena Stradale

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
Bitzman,
Where did you get your information?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Where I get my nformation--from asking questions

Thank you for asking. I have been assembling a dossier on the Ford GT for a few months so have a file about 4" thick. I am a car guy but not an engineer or designer. I know much less than the actual owners of the cars, who are the experts who will eventually write the history of this new car.

I try to educate myself, talking to all sorts of people at car shows, like Pebble Beach, Laguna Seca, Concours on Rodeo, the Petersen, etc. Sometimes they are VPs , sometimes they are government officials, sometimes reporters (who tell you the least) sometimes they are just Joe Blow on the assembly line.Sometimes people tell you something and then later on beg you not to relay the information to the world so you have no substantiation. I still think that there are stories on the development side of the Ford GT that haven't been heard...maybe test crashes (one pictured on the net a few months ago) ...other engines tried...any car that goes 200 mph must have had some drama in its birth but all I've read so far in the books and magazines is the "Company Line" because the major car magazines don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Ever notice how a car is wonderful until the new model comes out and then they start listing the deficiencies of the prior model?

Also I am an old codger and have been around cars a long time, for instance I was there when they unveiled the first Ford GT40 in Dearborn....I think I saw it at the Greenfield Village Sports Car Show. But I am always willing to learn something new, like for instance today I am trying to find out if anyone can explain what the "pneumatic valve" on the Continental version of the Ford GT ? Is this a dealie that temporily bypasses the cat converter at full throttle like Ferrari has? The pace of progress is running ahead of where I can keep up...