any update on seat lowering?

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I did a search and there is not any first hand experience with any seat lowering kits. I am goint to track the car a couple times a year and I am 6'2". Has anyone tried the kit from Genaddi or had any success? Thanks.

Derry

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
seats lower?

I just had my seats out today to attach eyebolts for my snap-on 6 point driver restraint from Livermore Performance. I don't see how the seats can be any lower. The rails are very low profile & they bolt flush to the floor pan. The seats are made by Sparco for the GT. You might contact them www.sparcousa.com for more insight on lowering the seat. I guess if you made a non-adjustble bracket to replace the factory rail it might be 1/4" lower. You might need a Gurney bubble door!

I'll post photos of the seat stickers & my eyebolts/restraints if someone can tell me how. I click on Insert Photo & a window pops up asking for "Script Prompt: Enter The Text To Be Formatted". I'll post photos of my Valentine radar detector mount above the mirror with a quick plug into mirror power also.

My Bob Ida exhaust should be in Thursday June 1. My trans cooler came in last week. My Ford dealer is a GT nut. He ordered the exhaust & cooler for me. He has a GT & has sold 3 or 4 so far. He sold a red ' 05 last week. There is one Heritage on the floor. He gives all GT owners deals on parts. No one at the dealership ever drives the GTs. Only the owner drives them so most GT owners in the area bring their cars in for service even if they bought their GT elsewhere. He doesn't care where you bought it. He just loves GTs! harroldford.com Gee, I probably should have posted this last stuff under another thread. Sorry.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
seats lower - yes?

Ok - I just read the post under Products For Your GT. It looks like a kit is out to lower the seat height, but the only way I see to do it is to remove part of the seat (padding?). 2" seams like a lot but maybe it's true. The photo of the lowered seat doesn't look any different from the stock seat to me.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
photos of stock GT seats

Thanks to nota4re for helping & telling me how to post photos. Here are the photos of the stock GT seat stickers on the bottom & lower rear of the seats. They are made in Italy by Sparco.

back_of_GT_seat.JPG

bottom_of_GT_seat.JPG

It only took 5 minutes to remove each seat. Two bolts for the lap belts & 4 bolts for the seat rails. The seats are light!

Ed

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Our supporting vendor that is doing the spyder conversion is offering dropped seats. check his web site. good luck.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The vendor wanted 1500 to modify 1 seat. I wonder if it wouldn't much cheaper just to buy 1 or 2 seats that are already lower and put them in?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
check with manufacturer - Sparco

How about checking with the makers of the seats? I've bought suits, etc from them & they are helpful. The website is a few posts previous.

Ed

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I just received a reply from Sparco and they cannot think of a way to lower the seats. I will try and get some specifics from the GTRX conversion guys that offer the $1500 kit. It is an important connection from a safety standpoint, if it is a custom fix I am not sure how I get comfortable with the strength.

Derry