Any Super Snake owners here?

LSR

Jun 3, 2008
Shiloh, Illinois
Hello All

Newbie here, any Super Snake owners here?

If so, can you post pictures?

I am on the list for the 725hp SS package, # 525 to be exact. Had a chance to drive a Super Snake the same color mine will be a couple of months ago at Shelby Fest 2008.

Now waiting to get a ride in a Ford GT after meeting fjpikul at Shelby Fest 2008 in Herman, MO :wink

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
LSR,

Welcome. Check the thread "Kids are home SS & 40th. There are pictures.

All the best....
Rick

LSR

Jun 3, 2008
Shiloh, Illinois
LSR,

Welcome. Check the thread "Kids are home SS & 40th. There are pictures.

All the best....
Rick

Thanks Rick, found your cool collection :biggrin

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Here's a picture of my 08 SuperSnake, CSM #0030, delivered two weeks ago today. 725hp Polished Chrome K-B S/C. Enjoy the picture.

Attachments

• bs8 - ss logo.JPG
    bs8 - ss logo.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,064

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Here's a picture of my 08 SuperSnake, CSM #0030, delivered two weeks ago today. 725hp Polished Chrome K-B S/C. Enjoy the picture.

WOW!!! That is one beautiful looking ride :thumbsup

What components did Shelby install to bring the HP rating up to 725? Was it a larger supercharger? If so what is the superchargers displacement?

I also understand that the 725HP engines do not come with warranty. Why is that?

Cheers
Jason

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
WOW!!! That is one beautiful looking ride :thumbsup

What components did Shelby install to bring the HP rating up to 725? Was it a larger supercharger? If so what is the superchargers displacement?

I also understand that the 725HP engines do not come with warranty. Why is that?

Cheers
Jason

Well, I will try to be short so the system doesnt time me out again...
For 725 hp, SAI replaced the S/C with the Kenne Belle S/C, replaced the closed air filter with the open, and they reflashed the computer to accomodate these components, and pushed the boost up. That's it. My understanding is that this S/C is rated for 1000hp.

Ford only quarantees their engine with FRP upgrades. The 600hp S/C installed by SAI is from FRP. The Kenne Belle is not a Ford product. That's it. However, SAI provides no warranty on the entire drivetrain, from the engine to the rear end. SAI replaces the split driveshaft with a one piece to handle the hp, and they replace the 3.5x gears with the 3.71.

Hope this answers your questions.

Rich

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Here's mine........currently floating across the pond.

Due here in a week or so.

605 Economy model......colour looks to be popular around here.

That makes 7 of your US cars I own....must be mad:wink

ss.jpg

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
What are the Performance #'s on the Super Snake 725HP?

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
What are the Performance #'s on the Super Snake 725HP?

I don't know yet. I can tell you it is VERY FAST and gets up like a bat out of hell. I only drove it one day - the day I picked it up. Frankly, due to what I sensed to be alignment issues I was actually afraid to drive it until I had it checked out! So, the next business day I took it to a local Ford dealer that works on my Ford GT's and it is now been fixed. Although SAI states otherwise, it was grossly out of alignment,the wheels and tires were way out of balance, the windshield washers did not work, and there were suspension bolts not torqued to spec. I will be taking from dealer this week and checking it out. I also will be getting it dyno'd. Will post results after that.
Rich

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Well, I will try to be short so the system doesnt time me out again...
For 725 hp, SAI replaced the S/C with the Kenne Belle S/C, replaced the closed air filter with the open, and they reflashed the computer to accomodate these components, and pushed the boost up. That's it. My understanding is that this S/C is rated for 1000hp.

Ford only quarantees their engine with FRP upgrades. The 600hp S/C installed by SAI is from FRP. The Kenne Belle is not a Ford product. That's it. However, SAI provides no warranty on the entire drivetrain, from the engine to the rear end. SAI replaces the split driveshaft with a one piece to handle the hp, and they replace the 3.5x gears with the 3.71.

Hope this answers your questions.

Rich

That answers my questions 100% :thumbsup

Cheers
Jason