Any leads on a Black Stripe Delete?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I own one, but no plans to part with her. Love her waaaay to much! Kids will have to fight over her when I'm gone.

Was your car at Sphere recently for some maintenance?

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I found mine locally here in AZ from a private seller so it can be done - with patience. No sales tax on used vehicles here.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
OK, I received a phone call yesterday from our friend Mr. Cantrell . You know the guy who is collecting Ford GT's and has sent us all a letter wanting to buy our cars. Anyway he has a no stripe three option car for sale. Please send me a PM if you wan't his info? I told him I had received letters from him. He got my number from this forum as he said he new I was looking for a Blue car. I informed him that I had purchased a Blue car from a forum member 4 month's ago. I also ask for the VIN# of the car he was offering so I could run an Oasis ( Ford history report) The number was from Texas and he said it was owned by the West coast chopper guy when new.
David

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
If anyone wants info on that Blue GT PM me before you buy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If anyone wants info on that Blue GT PM me before you buy.

Think it's pretty well known that Jesse James wrecked that car. Hopefully, Mr Cantrell is not trying to pass it off as otherwise.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Think it's pretty well known that Jesse James wrecked that car. Hopefully, Mr Cantrell is not trying to pass it off as otherwise.

Sorry if I was not clear. He is offering a no stripe Black 3 option car. He mentioned that I was looking for a Blue car and that has to be when he got my contact number on this forum. That is why I added to this thread as it is a wanted Black no stripe thread.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Montana actually makes an industry for LLC's, to avoid/minimize sales tax exposure from big ticket purchases in other states.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Montana actually makes an industry for LLC's, to avoid/minimize sales tax exposure from big ticket purchases in other states.

Crazy amount of yachtsman from Montana.:wink

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
In photos the Jesse James accident didn't look that bad....

ctalisman1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 21, 2016
Houston Texas
I'm interested, my email is: chuckt0329@yahoo.com

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Whats market value these days on a "driver" Black no stripe with all options? Mine has 53k cause I use it like it should be!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

They also have incredibly low registration (license plate) fees.

Many states are clamping down on the Montana registration. Just as I was buying my GT I investigated and just that week there was something on the news where one of the counties in the Denver area (surprising, not Boulder) went around looking for big motor homes. They found enough to make an example. They all had to pay back registration (up to two or three years (note 1)) plus sales tax. This article says some were convicted of criminal offenses:

http://www.rv-dreams.com/montana-llcs.html

Here's the Denver Post article

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_9333908

Montana is also a registration haven for airplanes.

PS It seems more likely that the strategy works best with infrequently driven cars in snowbird areas where out of state plates are common.

Last edited: