Any hard core 427 sohc cammer guys here?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am working with a company to build a completely billet aluminum 427 sohc cammer engine. The company doing this is no stranger to billet engines and have motors in drag week that hold the world record and also in the racing industry.. So daily driving a billet engine will be no problem cooling wise or anything else wise that one might be concerned about and the car i'm building it for will be driven daily also.

Billet aluminum Fe block with water passages, will have options for any bell housing pattern you want from old small ford to big block to current 2020 ford transmissions. We can do anything from raised cam tunnel and bigger bore spacing for 600+ inch cammer. Comes with sleeves also.
Billet aluminum wet heads 430cfm intake and 290 exhaust
Billet valve covers
Billet timing cover
Billet intake manifold. 2 options. Twin 4bl throttle body efi or carb or 3 twin 71mm throttle bodies with fuel rails for efi.

This stuff will support large amounts of hp with out the weight of an iron block. Imo will support north of 2500hp with ease.
So anyone looking to build a gasser or blown alcohol motor this would also be a great platform to start with. Block and heads can also be built as a solid block and heads.

production will start in about 6-8 months

Here's a picture of a billet 427 sohc cammer intake for efi and turbos and an idea of what the billet 2/4 intake will look like.

Attachments

• billet cammer intake1.jpg
    billet cammer intake1.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 30
  • billet cammer intake.jpg
    billet cammer intake.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 30

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The greatest V8 ever made!!! Can't wait to see the final product.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Sounds great. Much needed in the FE community. Please keep us posted on progress.IMG_5914.JPGIMG_5912.JPG

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Jay Leno's Cobra isn't a Shelby (it's ERA) and it has a Cammer!!!

Reactions: Stef

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I had the chance to buy one complete, still in the crate back in the early 70's.
I had to pass on it because my only source of income at the time was my paper route, and a non starter with mom and dad who thought I had lost all sense.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Similar story Stef ,in the late 70's there was a guy in my area that had 5 complete SOHC engines for sale at a lot price of 6000.00 ea. What a bargain but couldn't pull it off at the time. For perspective each engine was the equivalent of a really nice new car at the time.

Reactions: Stef

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Sounds great. Much needed in the FE community. Please keep us posted on progress.View attachment 58733View attachment 58732
Please tell us about this. Thanks

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Put a quad turbo SOHC in a Superformance GT40 please.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Please tell us about this. Thanks
1964 Fairlane two door post, Referred to as a Thunderbolt. They built 100 of them with 427 dual quad with advertised 425 horsepower. They were tops in NHRA and were raced by Ford's Drag team council. A hand picked selected few drivers that raced for Ford on the east and west coast. Drivers on the Drag team council were Gas Ronda, Phil Bonner, Hubert Platt, Ed Terry, Randy Payne, Bill Lawton and Al Joniec. They lived on both coasts and raced Fords performance cars in factory stock classes in the quarter mile drag races. Also select dealers were given these cars by Ford to race and represent the Ford product at the track. This is where the saying Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday. The race fans would watch these cars race at the track on the weekends and head to there local dealer to have a Fairlane or Mustang for themselves. Tasca Ford was a popular dealer on the east coast and still races and sell the new ones today. This car is a replica and is Super stock legal with Fords 427 and produces 897 HP at the crankshaft. Notice the front aluminum bumper . They also came with fiberglass front fenders, doors and hood and were the car that all drivers wanted to be part of back in the day.
Velde at Gators.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I thought thunderbolts used a 427 top oiler not the cammer. Note the inboard headlight port used for air intake tubing. One always comes to the shelby museum party.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Tony you are correct. That's a top oiler with billet parts on it. It sets so low it has a three piece oil pan that the drag link goes through.
IMG_5906.JPGIMG_5905.JPG

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
With my best friend being John Vermeersch I find all things SOHC related as the pinnacle of all things motor related.
I might just need to build something around one of these new and improved versions. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: B.M.F.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
With my best friend being John Vermeersch I find all things SOHC related as the pinnacle of all things motor related.
I might just need to build something around one of these new and improved versions. Keep up the great work.

I talked to john about it the other day.. I have a guy possible interested in building a 700'' v10 version for a boat.. And thank you!

Reactions: tpraceman

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
HI BMF

I have a Gas Rhonda stamped SOHC block, but with 2 x 4 tunnel wedge in a 67 GT 500, original owner talked with Louis Unser who arranged the purchase from Holman Moody in 1968, was a extra block. Nothing today sounds like the deep rumble of a bog block.

Steve

jnirenstein

GT Owner
May 3, 2014
Norcal
Check out this link to my Friend Gary Spratling's Spectacular Cammer Fairlane. Lot's of details about the car available online including who did the engine work and the parts involved.. It is an award winning no expense spared build!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Jay Leno's Cobra isn't a Shelby (it's ERA) and it has a Cammer!!!

I believe Leno's Aluminum Cobra was constructed by Mark Gerisch at "M & L Specialties"

Last edited:

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Check out this link to my Friend Gary Spratling's Spectacular Cammer Fairlane. Lot's of details about the car available online including who did the engine work and the parts involved.. It is an award winning no expense spared build!
Too funny... I sent a link to the thread to Gary before I had a chance to read all of the comments. Will be traveling to the GNRS with Gary next week.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...It is an award winning no expense spared build!

And looks the part!!!