Any GT owners in Santa Fe?

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Will be in town for NMOGA(Oct 5 & 6) with time to kill.

Looking for interestig gun or car shops.....

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Donnymac,

In Albuquerque is the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta that week. Starts 10/3 thru 10/10. If you have never been it is the most incredible show you will see. My wife has been a balloon crew chief there for the last 27 years. I got involved about 18 yrs ago. This is our first year to miss in quite sometime. The wife isn't happy.:frown It starts around 7 a.m. every morning weather permitting and is over by 9:30 a.m. They do a Ballon glow most evenings and fireworks. The week will sometimes draw nearly a million spectators.
Only about an hour drive south of Santa Fe and well worth it.

Larry

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Thanks Larry! Good info. Have always heard about the festival. We may just check it out.

You need to join us for a west Texas run sometime.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Donny,

Sounds good, I am in the oilfield business (shhhh, don't tell anyone, they think I am a piano player in a bar) and need to make a trip to West Texas to see a few customers in Midland / Odessa. Maybe I can mix some business and Pleasure!!!!

Larry

BTW-When my wife dragged me to my first balloon fiesta I wasn't happy. When you see several hundred Hot Air Balloons in the sky at one time I promise you will be awe struck!!!!

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
At your convenience, lets tag up. I'm on the E&P side and right now the piano jobs sounds pretty interesting.

Come on out and I will help you knock on some doors. Then we can run Stockton, Sanderson back to Midland. That run is a blast - about 250mi with BBQ in the middle.

I think a mid-year Texas mini rally may be in order. March maybe. Lots of cars in Texas and many options.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I am from Albuquerque. Yea, check out the hot air balloons you will love it!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Donny

I own a flatbed trucking business and have several yards and customers in your area. I Work with Kevin (K.O. Supply) here who is a forum member and races his GT alot.

The hookup sounds great and a mini-rally would be great!!! I am a member of the Texas Cobra Club and we meet the last weekend in March around Austin somewhere with normally a couple hundred people and 100 cars. We have been doing this for a few years and I am pretty sure some of the Central Texas Gt's have shown up a couple of times.

I will hope to meet you at Rally and lets talk!!!!

14 days and counting

Larry

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
SF owners....

Will be in town for NMOGA(Oct 5 & 6) with time to kill.

Looking for interestig gun or car shops.....

DM-

you ought to check out Butler's place in SF! Quite a set up in Las Campanas....as for guns shops, you should definitely go to Ron Peterson's Guns in ABQ if you have time....it is a menagerie of sorts, but great fun. I have a bunch in Dallas, and when you are here, I can take you to one that is simply wonderful, that I am sure you have not yet seen. Email me if you want details....

All the Best,

Griffbl

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
DM-

you ought to check out Butler's place in SF! Quite a set up in Las Campanas....as for guns shops, you should definitely go to Ron Peterson's Guns in ABQ if you have time....it is a menagerie of sorts, but great fun. I have a bunch in Dallas, and when you are here, I can take you to one that is simply wonderful, that I am sure you have not yet seen. Email me if you want details....

All the Best,

Griffbl

Perfect!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Donnymac and Tugboat
I own an oilfield equipment co in east Texas where we specialize in pumps for every aspect of the O&G industry from 5 hp to 3000 hp pumps, engines and related equipment. We sell,supply and service pumps for drilling, well servicing, stimulation, pipeline, water well, saltwater disposal, waterflood etc.... We have a complete fabrication and state of the art machine shop - Tugboat shoot me a pm with info on your business as we use trucks quite a bit and Donnymac please send me a pm if you need anything in the way of pumps
or related equipment - OH and have fun in Santa Fe - the wife and I love it there !!

Thanks

Steve