any ford dealer?

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
Can any ford dealer work on the GT? It seems to me from reading alot of the technical "stuff" that there's a definite learning curve, and I'd hate to be #1 on the curve.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
rsilverman said:
Can any ford dealer work on the GT? It seems to me from reading alot of the technical "stuff" that there's a definite learning curve, and I'd hate to be #1 on the curve.

The car was designed to be serviced at any Ford dealer. yes you will hear the guys bitch and say no but that is how it wasdesigned. Obviously some dealers are betetr than others. So take your pick. I have been in two dealerships and have been treated like visiting royalty and have never had a problem witht he dealers. If the local dealer has a good repgo there if a bad rep stay away.

I wouldn't worry aout it and it also dependson how you treat the dealerhsip personnel. Remember service is a prime profit center for dealeships these days.

Dave

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
my selling dealer here in south jersey has a certified gt tech, who loves my gt almost as much as i do

sam
#1451 red/white

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
barondw said:
The car was designed to be serviced at any Ford dealer. yes you will hear the guys bitch and say no but that is how it wasdesigned. Obviously some dealers are betetr than others. So take your pick. I have been in two dealerships and have been treated like visiting royalty and have never had a problem witht he dealers. If the local dealer has a good repgo there if a bad rep stay away.

I wouldn't worry aout it and it also dependson how you treat the dealerhsip personnel. Remember service is a prime profit center for dealeships these days.

Dave
I have to admit it that the ford dealers do treat you like royalty...I think they are trying to cope with the GT..I dont think they were ready for it.. but they do try their best..constanty being in touch with michigan. I had a problem and they were very helpful in addressing it. They would call me every day to tell me what was going on , and what they were doing to fix it. I purchased my car at Manhattan Ford on 54th street and They even introduced me to the President now that is treatment like royalty......

Gino

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
It would be great to have a list of dealers that are rated as qualified by members of this forum. We have 6 or 7 GTs in Fresno and I have yet to hear who is satisfied with their service shop.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Unfortunately, my experience in this area has been the complete opposite of what has been previously said. You would have thought I was bringing a beat up Expedition or Taurus in for service based on the receptions I have received. One dealership was pleasant enough but had no trained people to work on the car. Another thought it was a Mustang GT I wanted to have serviced while the GT was sitting outside their service area windows. :ack
This is the first Ford I have purchased, and if what I have experienced is at all typical of what Ford is doing on the service end of their business, Bill Ford and some other folks at Ford need to pay attention to this as well as the financial issues.
Like many others on this forum, I have been fortunate in owning a number of different "exotic" cars over the years. In each and every case until now, the service associated with these cars has been absolutely superb. I have wondered what the situation would be today with this if Lexus had developed and sold the GT instead of Ford.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Thanks,Centerpunch.I'll check it out.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dealer listing coming

As soon as DBK gets the whole Registry done, there is a plan to to start a list (database) of recommended dealers of known good quality throughout the country.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
We can work on them at our dealership. Not sure how many certified techs we have though. I know we have roll on lifts for oil changes and as such.