Annual SoCal Spring GT Run, May 19th.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
OK guys, it's time to get ready for our annual springtime GT run in Southern California.

We are looking at Saturday, May 19th and thinking about the Santa Clarita/Angeles Crest Highway/High Desert area.

All who have attended previous runs know how darn much fun they are, and if you have yet to join in, this year is a must! :banana

Let's start the line up now! :party

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'll check my calendar when I get home!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
No need to check Rick......I know your are in!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
No need to check Rick......I know your are in!

Yeah, I'll tell that to the boss...
The Mojave Mile is on my sons B'day. If you could only know how I'm doing with that. :facepalm:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Count me in! - will it be an overnight after dinner - àla Palm Desert at the MOD?

Do you guys want to join Rich Roback on May 12/13 too?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?24359-GT-Get-Away-Weekend

Last edited:

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
I'm INTERESTED !!!

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Hey Ralphie, I think Rich's AZ run is May 12 & 13th GO BLU
Count me in! - will it be an overnight after dinner - àla Palm Desert at the MOD?

Do you guys want to join Rich Roback on May 5/6 too?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?24359-GT-Get-Away-Weekend

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
And yes, I'm in for the So.Cal. run..............GO BLU

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hey Ralphie, I think Rich's AZ run is May 12 & 13th GO BLU

You're right, George - I corrected it. I plan to do that run, visit my kids and grandkids in Alta Loma, then do the SoCal run, before returning home.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I'm also thinking about the AZ. run. We'll talk.....GO BLU

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
You're right, George - I corrected it. I plan to do that run, visit my kids and grandkids in Alta Loma, then do the SoCal run, before returning home.

I think I'll start calling you Riley....you know....as in "the life of Riley". :lol

Really looking forward to getting you off the hill this summer Ralphie. Will miss you this weekend at the 50th Shelby Cobra bash. I suspect I'll be the only SoCal GT on the track (though I hope I'm wrong!).

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I could be up for this, now that I am street legal again with my new Smog Certification. Couple of comments on the proposed run. Angeles Crest has major motorcycle involvement both directions. Limits driving especially on corners as they come out of no where. Only one place to stop (restaurant) and it is packed with motorcycle trash. But they would love seeing the GTs. Instant buddies for sure. The other issue is there are a lot of rocks on the road, especially the new section on the eastern have towards I-15. We did a Mini Cooper Run last fall and driving was tough with the rocks. Other alternative runs are to the south eastern desert, out of Temecula like previous runs. The advantage of this is it is central east to everyone. If one leaves early the traffic is not to bad and especially coming back into LA on the 60 is okay in the afternoon. Options are to run out to Julian, make a pie run, up Mt Palomar, back out through Warner Springs to Idyllwild and then over Idyllwild to I-10 west at Banning, or 74 into Palm Desert. Disadvantage is it is hotter this time of year.

Just some thoughts.

KJRGT see my post on California Smog Story! What a hassle! :thumbsdow