Amelia Concours d'Elegance

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Is anyone going to Amelia this year? Mitchell? I finally decided to pull the trigger this year. I'm probably not driving the GT down there, but will likely have the GT350. What are the must dos?

Thanks
Bill

Reactions: GKW05GT

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I may try to go there with some local Porsche friends on Friday for the Werks Reunion. Maybe take a drive in the Ford GT there on Sunday. I have family commitments Saturday so can't go that day.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I will be there Friday through Sunday. Look for my Miami Blue GT4 at Werks.

Reactions: dreimer

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
The Amelia Concours was purchased by Hagerty earlier this year. That being said, there is now new leadership, so it may be different than prior years. I suspect Hagerty will do a great job in the long term, but as this is their first year running it, it will be interesting to see how the initial transition goes.

In general the main Concours event is all day Sunday. There are lots of auctions and smaller ancillary events around it, from Thursday till Sunday. Gooding, RM, Bonham's, Porsche Club etc... In general, I have always enjoyed the Gooding and RM Auctions. They typically have really nice inventory. I believe Bonham's has a few special cars this year too. There typically is a Cars and Coffee type event Saturday. Usually some nice cars, but nowhere near the caliber of Sunday's event.

Last edited:
Reactions: BtwoG

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We went last year and really enjoyed it, lots of events besides the actual concourse. Also sold my Rolls Merlin at Bonhams, which was my first-ever traditional auction experience. They treated me well and the car met reserve. Having to give it a miss this years for various reasons

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
By chance I happened to be at last year's Bonhams auction when that amazing home-built Rolls Merlin crossed the block. I recognized it immediately from the dialog on this Forum. An incredible car.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have been twice with my wife and we both loved it. Stayed at the Omni-Amelia https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/amelia-island