Allocation on a 2007 Shelby GT 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If the Shelby 500 is so hot why try to sell it on this Forum? I'm a dealer and I don't have to get on this Forum to sell my merchandise. :ack Tomy Hamon Dealer-Texas :thumbsup

Greetings,
I don't want to cast dealers in one black pot full of oil. It is obvious you are a great enthusiast, have some great history to share, support this site.
Happy New Year,
daniel

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If the Shelby 500 is so hot why try to sell it on this Forum? I'm a dealer and I don't have to get on this Forum to sell my merchandise. :ack Tomy Hamon Dealer-Texas :thumbsup

Greetings,
I don't want to cast dealers in one black pot full of oil. It is obvious you are a great enthusiast, have some great history to share, support this site.
Happy New Year,
daniel:wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
$15K over MSRP. The allocation has been accepted but changes can still be made, basically a custom order.

How much did you pay for your 07 Shelby?

Found this policy just for you....
Recently the site has had a number of businesses soliciting their products and services in threads and posts. Some are blatant and some are more creative to not appear directly as spam. Since fordgtforum.com is the most popular Ford GT forum on the net this is going to happen occasionally.

The site would not exist except for paying Sponsors and a handful supporting members. It is unfair that they are paying for non-Sponsor sales and soliciting efforts, almost always offering competing products with current Sponsors. Let's be clear, if you are not a Sponsor, the rules and regulations of the site prohibit commercial posts to the Forums.

Furthermore companies are registering member names that suggest the nature of your business is in hopes to get a forum member to notice your business and/or contact you. For example if your company is "The Speed Shop" and you are not a forum sponsor, registering Bill@TheSpeedShop is not allowed.

In conclusion if you would like to become a Sponsor please send a PM (private message) to me via the forum and provide me with a valid email account to send you our sponsorship contract. Advance warning, at this time, we're only taking a limited number of sponsors in deference to those who have already paid for 2006. If you get an attitude as to why you are not allowed to make yourself money on my private website, you will not be considered at all.

Until you become a paid Sponsor your "solicitations" and creative usernames will simply be deleted. Linking businesses in your signature line is also not allowed. Likewise, telling a sob story of how you are simply in business to help the good people of Ford GT Forum won't help. If need be, I can forward a number of worthy charitable organizations you can put your efforts towards who need it far more than a bunch of exotic car owners.

Thanks for your understanding.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I’m never one to get in a pissing match, but I just can’t resist. It’s rather amusing that you could write, “AS A SPECTATOR, NOT A REAL MEMBER OF THIS GROUP I COULD CARELESS WHAT YOU THINK OR NOT.” in bold red lettering. I can’t help but notice that with 3000+ posts to your name, I think that you are spending way too much time behind the monitor. Perhaps you should release some of this tension by driving your GT rather than just posting about it.

I notice that your email address indicates that you are a dealer:-
The email address for eopple is eopple@sawtoothauto.com
Please read the policy above...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
How about a policy of getting a majority BOD vote in DBK's absense to invoke a lifetime ban on the offender and all of their frends and offspring for the next 1,000 years. I know this might be too soft, but I'm in a good mood today.

Oh and about dealers gouging. I bought my GT from Northside Ford in SA, TX. They told me I was buying the car for msrp. They did some fancy math on my trade and stuck me for $1,100 over sticker. The Sales manager said I verbally agreed to 3K over.

First I will never buy as much as a spark plug from that dealer.

Second I have told every Ford Guy I know about it, but I wasnt going to vent on this forum until this piece of work spectator decided to fish in this pond.

Third I am now President of a local Mustang club with hundreds of members. They all know about the deal.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Forum BOD Voting

All in Favor - vote here. A huge "Aye":thumbsup from Me.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
aye

eopple

Mar 14, 2006
Gentlemen,

This thread has created a lot of controversy over the past two weeks. I have accepted that this is not the appropriate place to be soliciting business for the allocation. With that being said, I am going to delete the post myself. I enjoy reading this forum (and no it’s not strictly to “troll” for business) and want to maintain the integrity of this site.

I do feel it would be beneficial for this site to have a place where dealers could pay a fee and list their allocations/inventory as appropriate. A one time fee per text listing would be much more attractive than creating an animated gif and buying X number of impressions. The revenue generated would help aid in maintenance/hosting and would create a cyclical relationship with dealers.

Bony, no hard feelings. Have a happy new year.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No hard feelings at all, appreciate your last post. I think enough has been said by all concerned. Happy New Year. I am closing this thread, need to keep the GT FORUM as the happiest place on earth:biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.