Air Conditioning Dies

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
Florida is no place to drive with out A/C for some reason mine quit cooling after only 100 miles. The dealer told me it has happened on a couple of other ones he has sold. Anybody know about this? H e said something was rubbing in the wheel well and needed a redesign.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I never had an AC problem, although it's so stinking hot now that I can even put the windows down. I did have some other issue that the dealer noticed and took car of at an oil change, something rubbing in the engine area. Can't remember what it was.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
mine never worked I think, picked up car in new england in October, and AC is not a high priority, figured it out in July, they charged it, seems to be OK, but I also have not been able to drive it much with the axle issue. The rally will tell me if it works or not.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No problem with mine.....yet.

Hey Jim, what happened to the GT Raffle??

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm in Las Vegas and the air works fairly well even over 100 degrees. The main problem is the windshield. Talk about a greenhouse!

There is a window film out that blocks a lot of heat. It has very little tint and can be applied to the windshield. I'm debating whether to put it on or not. I have it on my M5 and can notice a difference.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm in Raleigh and thank god the Air works perfectly No problems ever....

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
There is a window film out that blocks a lot of heat. It has very little tint and can be applied to the windshield. I'm debating whether to put it on or not. I have it on my M5 and can notice a difference.[/QUOTE]

I'd like some additional info on this tint/film/whatever it is... I've got several vehicles that would benefit from something like that.

Link?

mardyn

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mardyn - window tinting can be applied by any and all local shops. Be careful, many of the local state goverments have rules on the amount of light that can be trapped by the tinting. In NC, the tinting cannot trap more than 35% of the light. If during a saftey inspection test they find it is more - they will strip it off the window right there. Case in point when I bought my daily driver it came from PA where they don't have rules obviously and the car looked great! Went to the emmission/ saftey lane - they tested it and the factory tinting that came with the trim package of the car and it failed so.... it stripped off and I was charged $10 per window on top of that :ack

Check with the Texas DOT first and yes it works great!

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
White Petunia said:
This probably isn't your problem, but I remember reading that the a/c will not work if the fan speed is in the lowest position.

Very correct and it is not obvious that this shuts off the system

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
The film I have has various tints. For the side windows, I have a light tint. For the windshield, I have close to 0 tint. I like to see. This film blocks out the majority of the heat without losing visibility. It is designed to block heat, rather than other window coverings that are designed to darken the windows. I have to say I am very satisfied with this product on my M5 here in Las Vegas.

The link can be found here: V-Kool.

It is much more expensive than other films, but it is very different.