Aftermarket mags

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
There is a dealer in the San Fernando Valley of LA who is advertising a Ford GT with Gulf livery and aftermarket mags. Does anyone else know of a dealer who is running aftermarket mags on their Ford GT or does anyone out there have a privately owned one with mags--lets see some pics!

Are the BBS wheels that Ford offers identical to a design they already have had on the aftermarket? If so what did BBS call them before?

It appears the base wheel is not very popular--all I see around here is the optional wheels.

I wonder how wide a wheel and tire the rear of the Ford GT can take under the stock wheelwells? I saw a Gulf GT40 in its Mirage body style and the rear tires look almost like drag slicks. It sounds to me like the Ford GT can be drifted but you want to have as much rubber on the rear as you can when you try that....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
galpin is the dealer, that is all I know... sorry
they did a custom gulf paint motif, saw the car at ROBB REPORT SALON at
RM Auction in Monterey

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
bony said:
galpin is the dealer, that is all I know... sorry
they did a custom gulf paint motif, saw the car at ROBB REPORT SALON at
RM Auction in Monterey

I went to Galpin in my quest to buy a GT. I recommend you stay away from these guys. These idiots were quoting me $215,000 for a red/white GT, and if I remember correctly $300,000 for the Gulf colored one.
That was a little over a month ago. They were quite full of themselves and didn't want to budge on price after having quoted me on the phone an MSRP. They had also told me they had a white w/ stripes, but after I got there and saw it, it turns out it was the owner's and not to be sold.
Needless to say I left pretty quickly.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
when I ordered mine I was able to spec each option, I did not want the Mac radio. However, was told that by demanding the standard radio I could not get a finite build date. I even asked for a radio delete and was told that option was not available.