Aeros & Autos Houston Texas Today

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Played today with the GT500 at the Houston 1/2 mile at Ellington AFB. Ran a 149.9 mph. Did everything I could to break into the 150's but the headwind said "NO". Ben Beckert was there and he ran 213 on his Turbo Busa, Best time of the day on a Motorcycle, Saw Mullet, he was in the Lambo. (Didn't have anyone to help him get the GT there) He ran a 208 I think. Also met Victor in a Red/White GT with Whipple etc that ran 167. My pit crew and friend Bill Swendsen took this picture on the way out. This was an exceptional day. Thanks to John Hennessey.
Thugboat

GT500P51.jpg

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
You boys are always in to something down there. Sounds like you had fun. Car looks good, Larry.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Thanks,
Great part of living down here is there is always something to do. 2 weekends ago Big Bend Open Road Race, last weekend Lemons Race and this weekend Standing 1/2 mile. BUT, it would be a hard decision between this and running "The Ring" You are going to have a blast!
BTW- Shelby turned 6,000 miles today on one of the passes. Between NOLA for the Rally, COTA with y'all in Feb., Track days at MSR Houston and TWS I have about 2500 of that on the track. Car is a monster!

Larry

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nothing like Houston, TEXAS, always something going on. Larry always stays busy.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Your right Tomy, Nothing like Houston. The GT500 Aircondition works well also. First time this year it was on MAX all the way home.

Here is Ben (BeckertB on the forum) after the 213 run and before he pushed the Head Gasket on this run. Coasted thru at 174.

BenHalfMile.jpg

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that is a cool lookin Bike! Does Beckert own a GT too?

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX

Yes, yes he does :)

Great to see you Larry and crew yesterday. Had a great time. Wish I was able to make more than 2 passes before we pushed the head gasket. I was satisfied with our speed but we certainly had more left as we were spinning badly in 5th/6th. Looking forward to our next get together!

ben

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Yes, a Heritage that he DRIVES!!!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Freddy,

And Ben is picking up a Black/no stripe Monday he forgot to mention. I think this is the bike he went 252 on in the Texas Mile. He is initiating research and putting a team together for a run at the Bike land speed record. Ben likes to go fast and is pretty good at it.

After last weeks Lemons Race we may change Bens name to "Your Brakes are on fire Beckert" Haha

Larry

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
was a good day at the 1/2. I ran 208.5 in my UGR Lambo and ran 209.8 in Ray's UGR Lambo.

Looking forward to doing the full mile there in late Sept/early Oct.