Adjusting Clam Shell so it doesn't rub at rear?

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
I've done some searches on this topic and havn't had much luck. When I open the clamshell the paint is rubbing the paint on the shell and the rear spoiler area on both outer sides. Just barely but enough that it is wearing off the clearcoat!! Has anybody had to adjust the clamshell forward or the rear piece back? Any suggestions or tech articles available? Thanks

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
I think i found my answer. Just had to look harder! Thanks John

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?19099-Clamshell-alignment

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
send me a pm with your email address and i will send some pdf's that tell and show the procedure

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Viva GT
I sent you a Visitor Message on your profile page as I can't seem to PM people as the forum tells me I don't have access?? Anyway my email is john.darlene.taylor@gmail.com
Appreciate the help. Thanks John

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I used the thread you posted above to adjust the rear fascia. It is a very straightforward procedure.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Viva GT
I sent you a Visitor Message on your profile page as I can't seem to PM people as the forum tells me I don't have access?? Anyway my email is john.darlene.taylor@gmail.com
Appreciate the help. Thanks John

Send DBK an email and he will change your status. You should be able to PM from then on.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You need to be a subscribed member to do PM's. You might consider joining as a paid member.