A tale of Two GTs

Pipelion

I'm going nuts because I saw a beautiful Black Ford GT and sat in a new Carrera GT also black today, but my computer is timing out so i can't poast buit a few sentences.

WOW and WOW,

I want both,

Allan

I'll try and post more. :biggrin

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
see the above thread

Pipelion

The Ford was all black no side or top stripes.

Pipelion

85-90 point black paint, low to the ground twice pipes ohh she was clean. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Pipelion

I can't believe how small the Ford GT looked compairded to the Heritige GT last week.

Color sure makes a difference.

Pipelion

THis post will have to wait till another day.

The Carrera GT was from another planet, perfect 100 point show paint. Everything on that car is out of this world.

The sales guy Andy let me sit in it.

I'm skinny and nimble and could barely get in and even harder to get out. They would look so sweet next to eachother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTs for me. Long live GTs. :biggrin

Allan

Pipelion

Guys enjoy driving those exceptional machines. I'm green and sick of waiting.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Allan

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Pipelion said:
I can't believe how small the Ford GT looked compairded to the Heritige GT last week.

Color sure makes a difference.

Agreed the all black seems to shrink the car in some ways with one exception and as previously noted somewhere here in the forum: w/o the center stripe the front end appears wider to me. The stripe breaks up all of that low flat mass. Having said that, no stripes for me. Also, I saw my first Heritage edition up close and personal, very impressive, all decaled out, a real attention getter with even more looky lookers than usual!

Pipelion

OK,

I had to replace my hard drive. My cousin messed up my computer.

OK ,

Now it's working fine.

Went down to Detroit to see an all black GT. My neighbor got a call from the dealer. He told me aboutit so I drove down. Walked in the dealership and couldn't find the car at first. It was hiding.

It was an 06 all black all option car, no stripes, side or top. Looked it over REAL CLOSE. Two small dings in paint right side. I couldn't believe they let some idiot open car doors on this beauty. One chip/ding was on the right scoop. The other in rear fender.

The black paint looked real good except for the chips. The paint was 85-90% perfect. Some slight slight orange peel, from too little color sanding, before clear coats.

As I stated before this car looked very small compaired to the Heritage painted car. At least 10-15% smaller. It was in a much larger room but still!

The 15 to 20 minutes I was there, nobody said a word to me. If I had a car costing me $800/month in interest. I'd ask if they had any questions. I'm not complaining. I like helping myself. That car was beautiful.
Stone cold business beautiful.

I was in a hurry to get over to another dealership because they had a new Porsche Carrera GT. This GT was also black. But the window sticker was $280,000.00 more than the other GT. $448,320.00.

Ok just a days wage if one makes $182,000,000.00 a year.

The paint was beyond flawless, it was one of the best paint jobs I've seen.

The sales guy was real nice and let me sit in it. I was very happy to. I got in and was amazed how tough it was to do so. I realy had to pull in my legs.
Once in there's tons of leg room. You sit on the ground. Seats are samll and tight. Fat guys need not apply. I was ammazed how well every single thing about this car is made. The carbon fiber fender wells have a checker board pattern different from other carbon fiber patterns in the car. The visors are only 3 inches deep.

Getting out was tough, I can see how many would not enjoy entering and exiting. The body has a tub, like the GT40, this tub comes up yo your waist. You must clear it going in and out.

The brakes are 15 inches in diameter. The wheels 20 and 19.

The interior color was terracotta. (hate it). Detunned "lobster".

This car is beyound belief.

I have a friend in Florida that owns one.

A must have, a must have,

Both GTs,

must have!!!!1!!!!,

Allan