A Tale of Four GTs (Two New ones and more)

Pipelion

Otay But whaet,

Went to Ohio today and left early to go look at GTs.

Porsche haters or Porsche not understanders skip to next paragraph. Had to stop and see the new shiny black Carrera GT on Woodward and 14 mile. Still was waiting for some body with a half million bucks to get it the hell out off the show room floor and kick everyone elses butt. It looked pissed. And perfect. Read on line the Porsche test drivers had them past 215mph. Thge saleman reminded me , Porsches' numbers are always full tank of gas and two people in car. I said so skiiny me and a 1/4 tank means real fast? He said, yea, and added "no speed limiters on Porsches" except rpms.

Had to dash because I've seen at least five Ford GTs but only in black and Heritage and one yellow with stripes.

The first dealer had a black one I'd seen before but had advertized a Heritage. Asked the sales guy to see it and said , not in till April. It's on order.
Yes the no stipe black was sexy as ever sitting in wait.

So I bopped over to another dealer with a midnight blue w/ stripes. Walked in asked where, he pointed, and to my surprise not one, but two Ford GTs facing nose to nose, the midnight blue(06) and a white with stripes(05). The setting sun lighting them up.

No matter how many photos I see of this car and no matter how great the pictures are, they don't hold a candle to how out right amazing these cars look in person. They are stunning.

The midnight blue is very deep and rich, the white stripes realy POP the contrast up. Very attractive car. Like it, like it, like it!!!!!!!

The white I'd seen in the old Alan Jackson video which looked great, but in person the white w/stripes looks equally impressive. Like it, like it ,like it!

No I Love those cars.

The Ford GT is indeed a visual winner as well as historical. No matter how many I see what amazes me is how different these cars can "read". Sometimes they look small, sometimes big, always low, always cool.

Both Ford dealers said the same thing, "dealership owner is most likely keeping the '05. The first the dealer is keeping a black no stripe 05. (They have a black NS '06 in back for sale. And the second dealer is keeping a white w/striped '05. I found that interesting.

The second dealer told me he knew "Dominic", and his dad. Said Dominic was sent to look at Jay Lenos' GT in LA. I met Dominic at Autorama at the Ford both a few weeks ago. He worked as a GT buider.

The Ford GT is a wonderful car. One sweet chariot of blown fire.

And still I haven't even sat in one of these things.

But, I'll drive many many wonderful miles very soon.

Allan :biggrin

PS Great to see some new colors.

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Allan,

Your post is a good read and reminds me of last year when I was doing my GT "field research". Even though I was locked on to the black, no stripes, no options car, I still wanted to see every car and every color I could. And what a blast to travel around and see the different color combos and talk to Ford GSMs, even if they were usually unrealistic about price. For sure, they were all really excited about their cars and proud that Ford really delivered on the GTs design and performance. So until you get your car, enjoy the hunt, it's generally almost as good as the kill! Meanwhile, like others, I'm anxiously waiting for mine like a kid at Christmas!

One major difference in our field work: I like Porsches but I know you love them, particuarly their GT flagship. It is an amazing car but i am not a fan of the car's exterior design and proportions. Like you, however, I'm totally impressed with their overall build quality and especially the quality of their paint work. Perhaps the $440K-$500K price tags I've seen have also effectively ensured that I won't fall in love!

Kirk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Which dealers did you stop at? I'd like to check them out.

Tom Holzer has had a black/stripe car sitting in the showroom forever. I believe it's the same situation where the dealer intends to keep the car. I'd imagine there are at least a few hundred dealers in this scenario unless some guy walks in and thinks he should pay 250k for it....

Pipelion

Kirk,

You're in luck, the Carreras price is soft. New silver ones at Champion in FL are down to $410,000.00. Come on admit it, you could live with a Carrera GT in your garage along side your Ford GT. Hope the Ford GT wait goes well, hang in there. You're right the hunt and looking is fun. But I'm not telling them I want to buy. So they ease off. When I'm ready I may deal on the phone, after finding the one I want.

:party :party :party :cool :cool :biggrin :biggrin
12 Hours of Sebring is on Speed channel right now. To bad the Ford GTs are not running with the Vettes and Ferraris.

DBK,

These guys aren't open Sat.
Elder Ford is on John R drive, east side of the(Oakland mall?) 14 mile mall, go north on John R from 14 mi and it's on the west side up a few blocks. They have a black no stripe 05 on the floor, an 06 all black in back(for sale), and a Heritage due in April. DBK, when do I get a ride in your GT? I can be down in 2 hours. Just call me. Now you don't have to loose your clutch or burn up the tires. I just want to know what they sound, feel and ride like. :biggrin

The other dealer is on Gratiot (3) just south of Metro hwy(Big Beaver)which is also 16 mile. It's just south on the east side. They say it's the 15 and a half mile dealer but it seemed much closer to 16mi. They have the two GTs nose to nose. One white the other blue, both striped. They too have a heritage due soon. They told me a guy from Kirks' neck of the woods flew in to look at their white one because he had a white one on order and wanted to see it. These guys on the floor told me they couldn't sell the GTs(the manager can). :frown These guys close at 6:00.

Szotts Ford has an all black 06 way north on I-75 Holley rd.

A Ford dealer on Woodward has a yellow with black stripes , east side of Woodward at about 10 or 12 mile give or take a mile.

Enjoy boys, :cheers

Allan

Last edited: