A friend's Pantera in Hot Rod Mag

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Richard Prince did a photoshoot of my friend Marty Quadland's '72 Pantera with Coyote Aluminator power. Prince's article was just published.

Photography was in Sarasota. Rolling shots (with me driving Prince's van and him hanging out the side door and standing through the roof) at dawn on the Ringling Causeway across Sarasota Bay. Static shots at Sarasota Bradenton Airport.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/197...b_social_HRN_180720_sf193850113&sf193850113=1

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Gary.

As usual, great stuff!

I agree that at almost 50 years old, the Pantera is as "exotic" as anything out there.

Aluminator is an interesting switch, but must have been ungodly expensive. ( As was the rest of it. )

Kurt Busch did a conversion to an Ecoboost. Reality TV with "Ass Monkeys". That wasn't cheap either, but he can afford it.

I've got to get my Pantera back on the road. Would make an interesting companion to the GT at a cars-and-coffee event.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’ve always loved the design and built of the Panterra since the day Lincoln, Mercury brought them out! Classy vehicle in their day! Way ahead of others.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sweet!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Beautiful car, terrific photography!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
What a Gorgeous car!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Gorgeous car. What a great custom and inheritance to his son. I see he picked the best color to finish out this awesome mod.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I haven't seen the "Ass Monkeys"" on TV lately. Not sure I miss them.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Another friend's TT Pantera is featured in the Aug 18 print edition of Hot Rod. Also by Richard Prince.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Great looking car. I love the color scheme.

I was going to put a stroked Windsor in mine, but seemed like too much trouble. Cant imagine how much work went into the Aluminator. Some guys were putting the 4.6 DOHC motor in them back in the late '90s.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Great looking car. I love the color scheme.

I was going to put a stroked Windsor in mine, but seemed like too much trouble. Cant imagine how much work went into the Aluminator. Some guys were putting the 4.6 DOHC motor in them back in the late '90s.

Very little clearance for the top end at the sides, but very clean and tidy. Much fabrication. One-off billet oil pan that probably cost as much as a cheap used car.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Somehow I missed the link to the article and pictures the first time I read the post. Great pictures of the car. The engine swap almost looks OEM.

They make half shaft covers to keep the U joints from throwing grease over the beautiful engine bay.
http://hallpantera.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product.cgi?d=hallpantera-inc&item=22503

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Marty’s car looks every bit as good in person as it does in the article. Marty is a great guy too.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That is without question the highest quality Pantera build I have seen. I am a 40+ year fan.

I usually struggle with large diameter wheels, but even those are awesome.

Edit; I will enjoy it more when MSN picks up the article and I don't have to open Hod Rod's toxic website. :bored

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have owned my Pantera since 1986. Mine is pretty darn stock (except for Campy clone wheels). This (featured) Pantera matches my Ford GT and is a world beater build!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I have owned my Pantera since 1986. Mine is pretty darn stock (except for Campy clone wheels). This (featured) Pantera matches my Ford GT and is a world beater build!!!

One of the nine-years of resto-modding horror stories: The shop sold his Campy wheels without asking him.

Tomcat

GT Owner
One of the nine-years of resto-modding horror stories: The shop sold his Campy wheels without asking him.
Maybe I just keep mine as is! But man that sure makes me dream!
I cannot wait to get back to Florida (Perdido Key)!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Probably the nicest Pantera I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

:eek how does one let that go?