A Decent Price for a GT

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
pricing

I paid almost double of what you have in mind for a used one.... I have absolutely nothing against you, but hope it never gets there ! :lol

Again, being also one of the ferrraristi, they do it right and keep the prices up. That's premium brand marketing. You can actually buy a new Ferrari, and two years later sell it for the price you got it originally, unless you buy it from a Ford dealer that gouges the hell out of your wallet... as in case of GT- hungry me, I must admit I fell into re the beautiful GT...:mad

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Current 'reasonable' UK pricing on todays exchange rate is $265,245 - and I doubt they'll slip much below this. They were changing hands originally at $442,075 (I was offered one). To put this into perspective, a Range Rover Vogue SE costs $129,085 and a fully loaded Aston Vanquish $339,513.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
SLF360 said:
I paid almost double of what you have in mind for a used one.... I have absolutely nothing against you, but hope it never gets there ! :lol

I understand what you mean. I wouldn't want to explain that depreciation to the Mrs. On the other, a man has to have hope.

Maybe I could get a paper route...

cheers,
waldo

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
centerpunch said:
Is it possible to buy a US car (currently selling for low $160's) and import it into the UK? It seems the $100,000 difference could easily pay for shipping and any required modifications......

Punch,
To import the car to a EU country you must add 10% import duty and on top of that the VAT.
In Germany where they do the official european modifications they are asking just over $25K, but I've heard rumors that it can be done through other channels...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
What would the VAT be?
What are the mods, lights, washers for the headlights, anything else?
$25 seems dear as you could buy the parts from Ford without much of a challenge. Thanks!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
GT speeding strategies

Why go through all that hassle... ? Take GT from US, get yourself a US residence, ship the car over with US plates, enjoy it full speed and in the eventual case of a radar ticket shipped to US (won't happen :biggrin ), send them home through impossible and unlikely international ticketing service...
I drive my cars in Italy with German plates,
my cars in Poland with German or Italian plates,
my cars in Germany with Italian plates (they don't like Poles too much there),
my cars in US with US plates... (still haven't found a way to get arranged in US, properly)..

Allways full throttle, never an issue so far (knock, knock) :banana

PS: Maybe someone with Canadian plates can refer to high speed cannonballing in US.. ?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I think, as mentioned above, the VAT 17.5%, import duty and other taxes start to take it rapidly towards $230,000 - the rest is the dealer margin here in the UK and the $10k of conversion. I think it would be hard to get a brand new GT for less than £150,000.....

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
The $10,000 price increase was effective 7/01/2005! My car was built 9/6/2005 so it got the increase. Mine was price protected so it all worked out. My car has the upgrade wheels and stereo, the stripes and painted calipers and came in at $166,973! The 06 models are priced the same unless you get the blue/orange car with the meatballs!

Hope this info clears that up for those intereste!