GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
niice! you need a lift!

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Nice cars! I'll dig out some pics of my old Pantera and get 'em ready to post up.

mardyn

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I think my wife once a long time ago got into pottery and of course as she calls it "helped" a few friends & kids to get involved in it.:rolleyes

So I think she helped in a small way to fund some part of it.

Everything you have is way cool and shows excellent taste.:cool

As far as you Pantera boys stop teasing me......the econ is to soft for me to be spending toy money now..........:ack

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Let's see the MK-2 Jag. Hopefully, a 3.8L, 4-speed w/OD?:banana

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
:thumbsupThe MK2 is being restored with a 5spd, power rack and pinion, connelly hides etc. Will send a picture when done. :thumbsup Jim

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
UFO,

Wow I LOVE your GT5S! Beautiful!

Several guys have asked for more pictures of my black Pantera. I have them in Phoenix and I'm in colorado for the next couple of weeks. When I get back down there I'll post a bunch under a new Pantera Pics thread. That way anyone with a Pantera or interested in them can find it all in one place.

That ok Bony?

Nathan

gtinmyblood:

Thanks for compliment on my GT5S. I know of several Pantera owners who have gravitated to the Ford GT. There are presently two members of the SE Pantera Chapter of POCA who own Ford GTs. One member recently sold both his GT5S and his Ford GT, kept his twin turbo Porsche. Another I believe has sold his Pantera and is now a Ford GT owner and a member of this forum. To the best of my recollection, the only three mid engined cars Fords has produced/sold through their dealers was the original GT 40, the Pantera and the Ford GT. Even the 70 vintage Panteras hold their own, as far as looks are concerned with most modern day Ferarris, Lambos, etc.

Would very much like to see pictures of your Pantera. From the picture in your signature if looks like a beauty. I have been continuously involved with them since 1984. Sold a pre-L in late 2007 that I had turned into an award winning show car. Once you start a new tread and post pictures of yours, I will attempt to post pictures of pre L also, however do notwant to have Bony jump on me because the pictures might have too many pixels. Maybe any members of this forum who presently owns a Pantera or has owned one in the past can add to the collection. Of course, if ok with the Boss.

I am from Phx. If you see Les Gray, pass on my regards, have not seen him since he was POCA president and came down to FL to assist us in forming a chapter. First met him when he worked for Gary Hall in Calif.

Take care,

UFO

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
:thumbsupThe MK2 is being restored with a 5spd, power rack and pinion, connelly hides etc. Will send a picture when done. :thumbsup Jim

Power rack and pinion from an XJ is definetly the way to go. We have similar taste. I had an XJ-6C a few years back. Wish it had a 5-speed.

I am a big Jag fan. Currently we have; XK-140MC DHC, Series 1 E-type, MK-2 340, 3.8L MK-2 and coming soon XK-140MC FHC. With this many Jags, it's hard to keep the painted floor clean.:wink

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
gtinmyblood:

Thanks for compliment on my GT5S. I know of several Pantera owners who have gravitated to the Ford GT. There are presently two members of the SE Pantera Chapter of POCA who own Ford GTs. One member recently sold both his GT5S and his Ford GT, kept his twin turbo Porsche. Another I believe has sold his Pantera and is now a Ford GT owner and a member of this forum. To the best of my recollection, the only three mid engined cars Fords has produced/sold through their dealers was the original GT 40, the Pantera and the Ford GT. Even the 70 vintage Panteras hold their own, as far as looks are concerned with most modern day Ferarris, Lambos, etc.

Would very much like to see pictures of your Pantera. From the picture in your signature if looks like a beauty. I have been continuously involved with them since 1984. Sold a pre-L in late 2007 that I had turned into an award winning show car. Once you start a new tread and post pictures of yours, I will attempt to post pictures of pre L also, however do notwant to have Bony jump on me because the pictures might have too many pixels. Maybe any members of this forum who presently owns a Pantera or has owned one in the past can add to the collection. Of course, if ok with the Boss.

I am from Phx. If you see Les Gray, pass on my regards, have not seen him since he was POCA president and came down to FL to assist us in forming a chapter. First met him when he worked for Gary Hall in Calif.

Take care,

UFO

Yes, it would be interesting to hear from FGT pilots who also own (or have owned) a Pantera. It's a natural transition from the DeTomaso to the Ford GT ... especially for us more "mature" owners.

I bought my '72 silver pre-L in '74 and have had a lot of fun with it over 35 years, notwithstanding it's rather crude architecture and creature comforts when compared to the very modern FGT. It's pretty much bone stock and unmolested, with the exception of the normal, non-cosmetic updates we've all done to these cars.

Let's see posts from others about their Panteras ... and Mangustas too.

usmcfred

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Thats the best looking Pantera i've ever seen...awesome!