a/c not blowing cold

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Would that not show up in the OASIS report?

Reactions: italianjoe

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I got around to (hopefully) fixing the issue. Per leak detector light, there was evidence of a slow leak. It registered close to 0 on the gauge supplied with the 1234yf can. I added 1234yf and it is blowing cold again!

The pertinent items are under a carbon fiber panel in the drivers side of the rear trunk btw.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I got around to (hopefully) fixing the issue. Per leak detector light, there was evidence of a slow leak. It registered close to 0 on the gauge supplied with the 1234yf can. I added 1234yf and it is blowing cold again!

The pertinent items are under a carbon fiber panel in the drivers side of the rear trunk btw.

Sent you a P/M

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Sent you a PM

Thanks, replied

Can anyone verify 1234 yf schrader valve used in 2017- present NGT?

Last edited:

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Just a caution check to make sure its not the hi side fitting that's leaking .....have had a few of them leaking. Parts catalog doesn't show the Schrader valve as a separate part.

Joe

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
my 2017 currently does not blow cold air. My dealer is 250 miles away in St. Louis. I hope I can recharge it myself. The ports in the front of car?

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
my 2017 currently does not blow cold air. My dealer is 250 miles away in St. Louis. I hope I can recharge it myself. The ports in the front of car?
Hello Jsonday, The A/C ports on the 2017 Ford GT are located in driver side rear of engine compartment. You will need to remove the driver side engine compartment carbon fiber trim to gain access to the A/C ports. I would advise you to look for a leak if it is in fact low on freon. The cost of the yz1234 is the most expensive freon out there.

Joe

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
Hello Jsonday, The A/C ports on the 2017 Ford GT are located in driver side rear of engine compartment. You will need to remove the driver side engine compartment carbon fiber trim to gain access to the A/C ports. I would advise you to look for a leak if it is in fact low on freon. The cost of the yz1234 is the most expensive freon out there.

Joe

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
Joe,

thanks for the info on what side the A/C ports are on. Not an easy task to reach over to the trim on either side.

John

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
There are several styles of these out there that may help

Reactions: tmcphail

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
that is perfect. Thanks

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
I bought the Traxion topside creeper shorty from Eastwood, and I hate to say this but the quality is poor. It does not set flat on all four casters. there was one hole that was not drilled, no screws supplied for the top pad to be fixed to the out reach frame, and the instructions had the cross beam that attaches both end casters together miss labeled. So a bit of twisting and extra bolts from the parts bin got it up and usable. It does a great job to hang over the GT to work on it or look at it.