700HP German GT

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I came across a German company claiming to have build a 700HP GT?!?!?

21" wheels sure looks nice, but it doesn't say anything about how they got those number from the engine. I don't think that a pulley job alone would get you 700 ponys...

Pics HERE

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
700 HP really isn't that big of a deal, since the stock car comes with 550 RWHP which equates to 630 - 650, rank/flywheel depending upon loss factor used (12.5% or 15%). Check to see if the 700 is crank or wheels.

A pulley will raise the numbers to 680+++. A different supercharger will get you another 100 RW, so you do 700 crank or wheels easily.

But how to you get the power to the ground? The car will not hook-up early and will be a handful coming out of corners if you try to floor it too soon.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
I'm surpised there isn't more info on the loder gt.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Isn't Hennesey, known for Viper tuning doing mods on the GT? I read a couple of years ago that they had some issues with law suits, and have no idea if they are a reliable shop or not. Perhaps some of the Viper owners can add substance?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
fordification said:
I'm surpised there isn't more info on the loder gt.
Nothing on the GT on their own website....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
bony said:
Isn't Hennesey, known for Viper tuning doing mods on the GT? I read a couple of years ago that they had some issues with law suits, and have no idea if they are a reliable shop or not. Perhaps some of the Viper owners can add substance?

He was. I know a GT was dynoed there, so one was in fact at the shop. I extended an invite to Hennessy to post on the forum about what he was doing but he has thus far declined. I'd be curious what, if anything, he's done with one. His legal issues are very well documented on the internet and in print. There's been nothing recent that I know of, but there were certainly extremely significant issues in the past....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Re Hennesey, I only know what I have read in Autoweek. I have never lurked on the Viper web sites. I am sure the Viper -GT owners can add info. I heard they were doing two horsepower upgrades for the GT...

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
bony said:

Huge problems including taking money and never doing any of the work. Also when work was done it wasn't what was promised. Many lawsuits. Reported in some depth in Autoweek about 2 years ago.

Lingenfelter has a much better reputation.

Dave

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
I agree but I checked with Lingenfelter and they are not planning to do any upgrades for the GT.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
barondw said:
700 HP really isn't that big of a deal, since the stock car comes with 550 RWHP which equates to 630 - 650, rank/flywheel depending upon loss factor used (12.5% or 15%).

What? The GT has 550 RWHP? I thought it was 550 at the crank?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
The engines average 575hp at the crank.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
abolfaz said:
What? The GT has 550 RWHP? I thought it was 550 at the crank?

Read the dyno sheets and test results that have been posted in various threads. My post was from 10/25/05. There are a lot of posts like mine providing information. 575 at the crank is a high number. The cars put out in the range of 540 - 555 rwhp. Depends on the driver on the dyno, how high the revs are, and the individual motor, dyno, etc.

Learn how to handle 550 rwhp before trying to add power. Some one will always have a faster and/or more powerful car.

Enjoy

:cheers

Dave

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
barondw said:
700 HP really isn't that big of a deal, since the stock car comes with 550 RWHP which equates to 630 - 650, rank/flywheel depending upon loss factor used (12.5% or 15%). Check to see if the 700 is crank or wheels.

A pulley will raise the numbers to 680+++. A different supercharger will get you another 100 RW, so you do 700 crank or wheels easily.

But how to you get the power to the ground? The car will not hook-up early and will be a handful coming out of corners if you try to floor it too soon.

dude you have no idea what PSI they are running. With a Twin-Turbo setup i'm sure they could push more power than they are now. Also your not adding that you have to take the supercharger off and restart from N/A with the Twin-Turbo Setup.