69 DAN GURNEY BOSS TRIBUTE

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Earlier this year, my long-time friend Jim Reiss died after a short battle with cancer. Jim was a true gearhead, and in the years leading up to his death he built a balls-on accurate replica of Dany Gurney's Trans-Am Boss Mustang. He was totally anal about the build, charting progress via detailed build logs, and sourcing many original parts such as the ridiculously loud crossover headers with twin pipes each side. He even found the original grey-flecked paint that covered the interior of the cars. His widow has now finally readied herself to part with the car. It's been tracked a couple of times (including at an event where I ran my 350R tribute as you can see in the photos) but is in perfect condition. She is going to put it through auction, but before this happens a group of us are helping by trying to get a private sale. I believe she wants $75K. I have no skin in the game other than trying to help out Tammy. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll forward contact information.IMG_1382.JPGIMG_1380.JPG

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dave,

I'm pretty sure it's not but is the car street legal?

Chip

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Dave,

I'm pretty sure it's not but is the car street legal?

Chip
It has a title but is not even close to street legal