66-73 Mustang 5-Speed conversion

GT PILOT

GT Addict/ B.o.D.
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 15, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I bought this to put in my 66 GT350. This is a non invasive "bolt-on" kit. Vehicle can be returned to stock. It is the TKO600 with .64 o/d. Unfortunately there is a notch that has to be cut on the transmission tunnel brace. I did not want to cut on my car. So...... take advantage of a $1,000 discount of a $3,500 kit. Your cost $2,500 delivered.

John
PM "GT Pilot"

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.php?/1964-1973-mustang-perfectfit-5-speed-kit-tko-600.64-auto.html

Attachments

• KeislerTKO.jpg
    KeislerTKO.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 996

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
May I ask what set up you went with instead of this? I´m actually considering a 5 speed conversion for my 66 GT350, but I don´t want to modify the original body either.

Thanks
Anders

GT PILOT

GT Addict/ B.o.D.
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 15, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello Anders.

My car, SFM6S1280, is a C4 automatic.
I have converted it to an original BW 4 spd.
I gave up the search on a "no-cut" 5 spd.
I am considering the Gear Vendors overdrive though....
I have owned them in that past with good results.

http://www.gearvendors.com/hrford4sm.html

John

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
Is the tunnel different in a 66 vs. a 68? I put an early TKO in my 68 sheby GT 350 several years ago with no problems. I did use a scattershield. Also, I shortened the driveshaft a small amount.

Steve

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
damn John - where were you three months ago. I just rebuilt the top loader, had custom headers made for a refreshed stroked 408 and fought with a new Z- equalizer bar for over 1 month. If in three weeks the damn thing won't work when she fires up and you still have the kit - I'll buy but for now I'm 90% through the rebuild.......time to finish - 2 hr's.......

Mike

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello John

My car is SFM6S006, manual transmission. Car is currently being restored, and as I plan do drive the car, my consideration was to make it a little more highway friendly with its 3.89 rear by adding a 5th gear.

The gear wendors solutions looks interesting.

Thanks and good luck with your sale.
Anders

H

HHGT

I was going to start another thread on this, but this may be just as appropriate of a place to post.
I was sold an original 65-68 4 Spd shifter for a Top Loader over 10 years ago. It is complete with linkages and plastic bushing, handle and Reverse pull up handle. It is clean and in great shape. I had bought for $350 many moons ago when I was restoring a 66 GT. It is just sitting in the attic and if someone can use it, PM me and make me an offer.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I know Total Performance in Clinton township has been making this kit for many many years.