6 year project nearly complete

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I know many of you are vintage race car enthusiasts, so I thought I'd share with you a project car that I have been involved in. It's a tribute to America's Glory Day Race Car and Team. Everything about the car has been designed to be period correct and specific to the original car. The original Meister Brauser team owner and some of the drivers helped to assure accuracy with this creation. With the 4th of July upon us, I'm excited to share with you this American Tribute. Happy 4th! IMG_1467.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1450.jpgIMG_1448.jpg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Scarabs are so cool! That looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Very cool. The Revs Institute has a nice one.

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collection/1958-scarab-sports-racer/

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA

The Rev's Scarab is the Collier car which was the last of the 3 Scarabs (003). Our car is based off Augie Pabst Scarab 002. Augie allowed us to use his car dimensions and specs before he sold it. The whole Scarab story starting with Lance Reventlow is a great one. I'm blessed to have been able to be involved and to see the car in it nearly complete form is amazing. thanks for the kind comments.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I built a Revell model of the Scarab as a kid. I always thought they really looked good. You can see Phil Rimington's handiwork in the revs institute link and how it carried over to Shelby Daytona coupe.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm glad you chose the #5 right-hand drive S/N to replicate, that Chuck Daigh competed in. Lance Reventlow usually drove the #16 left-hand drive S/N. Was it hard to find the cross drive for the Vertex magneto?

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Simply stunning! Thank you very much for sharing pics..........now go out and drive that bad boy so you can share your driving impressions!:bow

I can only say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Sooo Cool! How about a video clip of starting and driving it? Thanks for sharing.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I'm glad you chose the #5 right-hand drive S/N to replicate, that Chuck Daigh competed in. Lance Reventlow usually drove the #16 left-hand drive S/N. Was it hard to find the cross drive for the Vertex magneto?

Thanks Ralphie and yes The front cover and cross drive unit was not an easy task. But it was essential for the car. We now have the ability to make more if anyone has an interest in the front drive unit for a Chevy.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Sooo Cool! How about a video clip of starting and driving it? Thanks for sharing.

Certainly, that's the next step. Plan to take it to the track to sort everything out. Still waiting on some vintage looking shocks and need to fix a small radiator leak. However, I can tell you it's impressively loud. There is no muffler so when we took around the shop, it set off about 5 car alarms.