46 Ford GT's currently for sale on autotrader

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
Seems like when the new FGT was announced I started seeing a lot more old FGT's listed for sale. The majority of prices seem to be in the $250k to $300k range. From what I can see none are selling right now (i know it is winter). Maybe a few of the dealers on here can chime in and give us their thoughts or what they are seeing in the FGT market right now.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
25 on ebay; including 5 Heritage

Oil, currency fallouts prob left some folks short....

ps, post a pic of that CSL

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
here's my 1972 BMW 3.0 CSL

Attachments

• IMG_1626_small.jpg
    IMG_1626_small.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 876

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Not a dealer but here we go.....
The market is actually incredibly strong.
A dealer I know has sold 3 red with stripes for top dollar (read full retail) since January.
Plus at least one other GT.
And some might say red with stripes is not the most sought after combo (now) ten years later. No need to flame me on that,...merely an opinion on the highest production combo.

eBay cars do admittably seems "slow".

But some have indeed traded there as well recently.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
That CSL is epic

Experts are saying it's going to be like 911 RS and go thru roof of values

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
here's my 1972 BMW 3.0 CSL

That is AWESOME!!! Seriously one of my top 50 cars ever... Looks incredible!

You and I have similar tastes, I bought a 340r last Feb, and a Z8 2 years ago!!! Nice rides man! :thumbsup

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
That is AWESOME!!! Seriously one of my top 50 cars ever... Looks incredible!

You and I have similar tastes, I bought a 340r last Feb, and a Z8 2 years ago!!! Nice rides man! :thumbsup
I can see 10 to 20 k increase as soon as the weather changes it happens every spring

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Sweet Beemer!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Sellers who are in this for investment only are probably nervous with the uncertainty of what the New GT will do to 05/06 pricing and are selling at the perceived top of the bubble. If anyone is having a "fire sale" I would like a yellow or white.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I almost feel sorry for all the owners selling there 05 and 06 GT's thinking # 1 that they will loose any profit and # 2 That they will buy the new GT. They have not taken the time to look at the facts. They are also the same ones that believe the new GT will sell at $200k. In the next 6 months once all the smoke clears and the dreamers realize that they will never afford the new GT because it will take half a million plus and the 05 and 06 cars will jump again in price and sorriest will be the guys who sold there GT's with that dream. They will not be able to buy back in after the next price hike.

And no my crystal ball is not for sale !

Dominic

Last edited:

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Sellers who are in this for investment only are probably nervous with the uncertainty of what the New GT will do to 05/06 pricing and are selling at the perceived top of the bubble. If anyone is having a "fire sale" I would like a yellow or white.
I'll take a black one with no stripes.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Not that anyone cares about my opinion but here goes: personally I feel that once people realize they are not (ever) going to obtain a new GT, not because of price so much but because of availabilty and the supply and demand. the prices of the 2005-2006 cars will do nothing but continue to rise. Figuring that there is a supply of 3000+ cars left, (most ) are owned by people who love them and will keep them and not by people who bought them strictly from an investment. (dealers not included of course). I cringe to see what the price of the new car will really be once they begin to be for sale from the original owners.
I think (and that's a stretch for me) you are going to see the new cars be for sale anywhere from $500K-$1M only because of the limted availability. The amazing part is that there are buyers who truely don't care about the price. if they want it, they will buy it ! So to wrap up my banter, I think once the weather warms up and reality sets in about the new GT, the 2005-2006 clear title cars will be worth nothing less than $300K+ jmho

Last edited:

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I agree! That is exactly what's going to happen. Those who panic sell their 05-06, will regret it 6 months form now. Once the allocation to dealers and complete price lists are formally released from Ford.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Really nice CSL!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'm kinda leaning towards the train of thought that the new car however successful it is or isn't on the track or in sales will have very little effect on the price of an '05/6 mid to long term. Can't get past the fact they're two completely different cars, built with completely different tech to accomplish two completely different missions.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'm kinda leaning towards the train of thought that the new car however successful it is or isn't on the track or in sales will have very little effect on the price of an '05/6 mid to long term. Can't get past the fact they're two completely cars, built with completely different tech to accomplish two completely different missions.

agree with you. The different tech and upscale pricing clearly place the newest GT in the front row of choices for a completely separate set of buyers.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Not that anyone cares about my opinion but here goes: personally I feel that once people realize they are not (ever) going to obtain a new GT, not because of price so much but because of availabilty and the supply and demand. the prices of the 2005-2006 cars will do nothing but continue to rise. Figuring that there is a supply of 3000+ cars left, (most ) are owned by people who love them and will keep them and not by people who bought them strictly from an investment. (dealers not included of course). I cringe to see what the price of the new car will really be once they begin to be for sale from the original owners.
I think (and that's a stretch for me) you are going to see the new cars be for sale anywhere from $500K-$1M only because of the limted availability. The amazing part is that there are buyers who truely don't care about the price. if they want it, they will buy it ! So to wrap up my banter, I think once the weather warms up and reality sets in about the new GT, the 2005-2006 clear title cars will be worth nothing less than $300K+ jmho

I totally agree. Prices are going up already. A local dealer sold a 150 mile car for $349,000 within the last week I heard today, from what I believe to be a reliable source.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Price/value of new '17 GT could crater......

There is no saying if it will actually sell at that price or quantity.

The SLR McLaren was a total bust; and at the time was one of the most hyped supercars, with a lineage that was unbeatable: Gullwing / McLaren

Bottom Line: there are just not that many exotic car buyers (go read my past posts on total F/Lambo sales/yr), and they are the first to go bust when anything happens in the economy.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
That CSL is epic

Experts are saying it's going to be like 911 RS and go thru roof of values

Thanks for the great comments. I was lucky to have known a friend of a friend who had this CSL imported 5 years ago from England as these lightweights were never sold in the USA. From what I have seen is that BMW's are way undervalued compared to Porsches. And that was said about Porsches a few years ago and now look at the values.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
I almost feel sorry for all the owners selling there 05 and 06 GT's thinking # 1 that they will loose any profit and # 2 That they will buy the new GT. They have not taken the time to look at the facts. They are also the same ones that believe the new GT will sell at $200k. In the next 6 months once all the smoke clears and the dreamers realize that they will never afford the new GT because it will take half a million plus and the 05 and 06 cars will jump again in price and sorriest will be the guys who sold there GT's with that dream. They will not be able to buy back in after the next price hike.

And no my crystal ball is not for sale !

Dominic

We can look at how the new $900k Porsche 918 Spyder has affected the 2004-2005 Carrera GT prices. In just the past year I have seen cars in the $300k to $400k range now in the $500k to $800k range. I believe that are some dual FGT and CGT owners on this board that can attest to this. The CGT is on my wishlist as another manual trans supercar I'd like to own.