3 Ford GTs and Heritage info @ Autorama

Pipelion

Went to Detroit today as a friend got me a comp pass to Autorama (that's "thee" US car show for custom cars. Saw two black GTs in two different Ford dealerships on the way down,

The Ford booth at Autorama displayed a Heritage,
number 0008 of 200. Met a young guy named Dominic who built the GTs for Ford. Asked him the difference between Euro and US cars. He said two, early Euros had Europe only marked Goodyears (better rated tire) until Goodyear and Ford upgraded the tires and now the tires carry both US and Euro markings but are Euro spec.(though interchangable). The second difference is no radios in Euro cars.

Told him how "One of 19s" GT will pull 215mph in 5th without mods. Asked him how come. He said he thought they had the same chip, but said maybe Ford flashes the Euro cars as they leave the line. He said the computer is located
behund the drivers side scoop.

Asked him about the Heritage black pinstriping on the blue/orange boarder. will it come off if 3Med(film protector)? He said the reason they used decals verses paint is because blue is painted then baked, then orange is painted then baked, then color sanded.Then the car gets cleared and baked. The specs call for 1/8th inch tolerance on stripes, so due to the fact the car is painted in pieces the stripes don't always match perfect. The black boarder pin stripe is used to clean the lines up and the second reason for decals vs. paint is decals can make exstreamly tight turns around corners into seams (paint can't) after assembly. The black stripes are put on car after assembly.

Yes he and I thought they might come off(maybe) with 3M gaurd, but he said they my be warrenteed.

God that Hritage looked ssssoooooooooooooo coooooooooooolllllll, the black ones on the way down looooooooooooooooooookeeeeeeeed sooooooooooo
cooooooooooooooooooooooooool. :biggrin :rofl :banana !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had been a week or two since i'd seen one, walked into the first Ford dealer went around the corner and that black one looked so damn good, sexy,
mean, low down , slick, what a car.

The Heritage was numbered with 9s. Looked so wonderful I wanted to dry hump it right then and there. But this 5' 10" little super car model had caught my eye (she was an all out living doll (looked like a 23 year old Allie McGraw). Fortunatly she was so attractive she reminded me I was a man not a male auto.

The rest off the show was off the charts with million dollar cars, show paint looking still wet. Cars making Californian concors a very dull business. Chip Foose had his 2005 Ritler winning entry. As well as a new 2006 car.

Autorama entrants autos must be new to shows(never previously shown).
This was my first Autorama, but won't be my last. Every time I turned around I saw another fabulous car.

Four "KILLER BABES", as in 9.3-9.5. Another dozen head turners. Fell in love with the Allie McGraw one.

Awesome AWESOME SHOW,

CHECK THIS OUT. 30 INCH WHEELS,,,,,,,,,yes THIRTY INCH FREAKIN WHEELs.

Some display had a tricked ride on 24 inch rims and ultra low profile tires. Looked great then this guy comes around the back rolling what look to be a tracktor wheel, he spins it and it's a chrome 10" x 30". Rolled it up to the 24s with tires and the 30 was taller without a tire. Boys we are going back in time to the 1930s, when wheels were huge.

Have fun you lucky GT owners,

God Bless,

Allan :ack

Up Date,

Just remembered Dominic explained that vin numbers don't have anything to do with build numbers or build order. He expained; when the parts are ready for any car and they are doing a run of red cars( he said they like to get a batch of forty) no GT40 pun intended, the vin numbers will be all mixed up. I said how come I've seen line pics with various colors mixed together? He said, as cars are built some might get a "burnt clearcoat"(guy color sands through paint), and that fender will have to be repainted. Cars pull off line and waits.

He said alll kinds of neat interestng stuff but I couldn't remember it all. He had a powder blue shirt with an orange Gulf stripe and Ford GT logos. Will post up dates if I remember anything else. :cheers

Last edited:

Pipelion

One correction for the above.

Dominic said two differences, besides muffler. I forgot to post this.

Never mind,

Allan

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
top speed limit?

Allan,

I had this discussion with 1 of 19 about his top speed performance. I had also questioned whether the export models have no limiting on the top speed. Another theory is that there is no limit (it was just hype) as very few owners will ever have a chance to truly open-it-up!

Thanks for the report!
Jay

Pipelion

Jay,

Do to very few places that one could take the GT to it's upper limits, maybe we won't know till I get mine. :biggrin

But to anyone who has herd of someone that knew accual mph figures, PM me and I'll post what you heard without any names or IDs.

Allan

Pipelion

Jay,

I turned into a little old lady when One of 19 told me haw fast he drove I PMed a very cautious return PM.

Then he PMs me back saying he does only 190mph to and from work daily.

You gotta love that guy!!! Can you imagine how cool to legally drive 190mph to and from the office. I think I'd have to take lunch at home. Four 190mph runs daily, WOW!!!

Allan :rofl :biggrin

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
And, just think about what he spends in gasoline at Deutschland prices!!! :eek

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
dbtgt said:
And, just think about what he spends in gasoline at Deutschland prices!!! :eek
Thank you for mentioning this: 1.35€ today per liter
and to tell you the truth : you need 58 litres per 100 kilometer when you
are driving as fast as I did it . I hope you can convert this numbers.

Pipelion

One of 19,

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for you. As long as your safe, I won't feel sorry for you.
No one who can drive super super fast and safely every day, can not even think about that. End of story.

Even if gas in Deushland goes to 50 euros a liter.

Now post us every little tidbit of 190mph info. Things you have long forgottin.
We, and I know I'm not alone here, want to live vicariuosly through your experiances.

Give us anything. Throw us a bone here, please,

Allan :biggrin