2015 Mustang pricing in Denmark

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thought some of you would find it interesting to see how the new "world car" - the 2015 Mustang is being priced around the world.

Ford Denmark just released their official prices.

Even though the dollar is stronger than in years, prices are still pretty crazy.

2015 Ecoboost 314 hp, manual transmission - DKK 600.000,- ($ 94000)

2015 V8 5.0, 418 hp, manual transmission - DKK 704.000,- ($ 110.000)

2015 V8, 5.0 Convertible, manual - DKK 782.000,- ($122.000,-)

Automatic adds another DKK 41.000,- ($6400) - Recaros for the fastback DKK35.600,- ($5500)

Full official Price list: http://ipaper.ipapercms.dk/Ford/DK/Prisliste/Personbiler/FordMustang/

For comparison, a new BMW M3 lists at DKK 1.528.000,- ($242.000,-)

Imagine the price on the GT350/350R or the FGT ..... :eek :frown

:cheers
Anders

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Good grief!

How much is a beer?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Some of that is dollar to euro, but isn't most of it your taxes (which are also alot higher than in the US)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Some of that is dollar to euro, but isn't most of it your taxes (which are also alot higher than in the US)

Oh yes - lots of taxes. Pretty sure price from Ford US to Ford Denmark is as low as possible - to keep the taxes as low as possible as they are calculated from the factory invoice.

marcelpasquini

Mar 19, 2011
Ulm Germany
Register a residence by Germany. Is much Cheaper and no speedlimit ��

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi Marcel

Good to see you on the Forum .....

You are correct - Germany is a car heaven :thumbsup That´s why you now have 06 #1232 :wink

Anders

marcelpasquini

Mar 19, 2011
Ulm Germany
Yes Anders, you're right.
Your taxes were my happiness :)

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
So Anders, the taxes are not broken out on the invoice? Is there no way to know what the price is without tax?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Anders, you've stirred up some things that most Americans don't understand. VAT, registration tax, green tax, countervailing tax. Are you going to try to explain all of this?

Not to mention, but I will, that the US $ while getting stronger is still long term relatively weak.

And, compare wages in Denmark vs. US. I don't think so.

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
So Anders, the taxes are not broken out on the invoice? Is there no way to know what the price is without tax?

Hi Chris

VAT is broken out when a Commercial sale but not when just consumer sale ( the final 25% they add) - rest is not. You are correct - unless you know the calculation in detail you actually do not know what the car price itself.

For years, Denmark had some of the absolute lowest car prices (before all the taxes) as car companies sold the car as cheap as possible to minimize the tax addition. It is my understanding this has changed a bit because Denmark actually ended up exporting brand new cars to other countries because we got the cars for less than them .....

@ Gary

Taxes are as follows:

New car price ab factory + freight costs. Taxes added then are: (each tax is always calculated based on konsolidated number so far)

- Import VAT 10 % when entering Denmark
- Sales VAT 25 %
- "registration tax" - 105 % of the first approx $12.000 - 180 % of the rest og the total amount

There are a few deductions based on various safety equipment that I do not know the specifics about. On the other hand, there a axtra costs added to the base vehicle price before taxes based on the actual cost of making it legal according to Denmark specs etc.

Car taxes is a substantial part of the government budget. I´m pretty sure Denmark is ranked among the highest taxed countries at all. Tax on income is progressive so you pay a higher tax on the last earned dollar than on the first. Wages are probably also among the highest - but making a high salary is very much evened out by the progressive tax scale. Ultmately, the only way of becoming wealthy is to be a business owner either very large scale or by selling .....

When 99% of the people buy a new car, it is financed over 5-7 years.

In addition to having to buy the car you pay a yearly green tax based on fuel economy. In the price list you can see that the 2.3 Ecoboost manual cost DKK 2060 every half year where the 5.0 V8 is DKK 5560,- (one dollar currently is 6.4 DKK)

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Are you sure that the import tax is a VAT ? If it is, there should be some deduction with the sales VAT.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I may be using wrong terms but absolutely no deductions. If I remember corrrectly, if we import through Germany the sales VAT is only 16 % and as we are alowed to move goods freely within EU. I thnk we all pay the same 10 % import VAT no matter where we are in EU?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I guess it is just an regular import tax on cars. Of course VAT is added as well, but that is being deducted in the end. Of course you might not see it on the bill, but in the end, you just pay import tax + 25% VAT.

A typical calculation looks like this

Car price from Ford US + transport + import fees + VAT

PLUS

car price increase Ford DK + VAT

in some countries there might be added taxes for buying cars (and higher taxes for expensive cars). I remember hearing this is not uncommon in scandinavia, is it ?

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
The good thing (at least here in Germany) is that we do not have property taxes on cars. Just regular taxes for a car being registered which is not related to cost, but more like engine size and emission levels.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I paid $100 for a medium Pizza in Denmark. That's why health care is free. Obama here we come!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I paid $100 for a medium Pizza in Denmark. That's why health care is free. Obama here we come!

:lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I paid $100 for a medium Pizza in Denmark. That's why health care is free. Hillary here we come!

Thank you, and updated.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I should start shipping n selling cars from the U.S. to Europe!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Over a $100K for a Mustang, good grief, I mean what in the world... Don't care if health care is free, can't drive a Hospital...

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sorry, wasn´t trying to start a thread on anything else than Mustang global pricing.

Denmark - home of the Worlds most expensive pizza :rofl

Anders

Pizzas do actually cost the same here as in the rest of the World .... :wink