2011 Shelby GT 500

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thanks for all the info and Tips...& photos of very cool Mustangs.
I will still be shopping for a while - It seems like there are 3-4 very good options....2009/2010: KR; 2011GT500
Always wanted a new model Mustang in the garage next to the FGT.
AJB

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just found out today my 2011 is scheduled to be built mid May...WooHoo!

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Been there done that---dont

I had the 07 Shelby when it came out and my dealer buddy of 19 yrs
only hosed me 12.5K over sticker...Nice...
By 8-8 08 the trophy came...yes the 2005 Black Ford GT...and guess what happened..........................................while your still thinking........
YES and any spare time I had to go for a ride guess which car I drove? No doubt it was the Ford GT, thats why when I sold my 07 Shelby in March with only 4500 I was very disapointed I only drove it that much after paying all that money. I figure 500HP is to much and a waste as a daily driver because in traffic you cant get on it so you just as soon be driving a 4 banger...BillyRay

Attachments

• 2006_the_departed_022.jpg
    2006_the_departed_022.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 179

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
When to use.

Gentlemen,

I drive my Shelby Mustang more than I drive my GT. I like the GT 1000% more than the Mustang, which is why I drive the Shelby in heavy traffic, to work, and places where I'll need to leave it unattended in a parking lot. I've already had someone back into the side of my Shelby. I was pissed but glad I was not in my GT. I'm very protective of my GT and when I want a 500+ HP fix on my way to work, I drive the Shelby. Most days I drive a Taurus.

The GT500 is a great car and is a nice change of pace from the GT. Cheap parts (no $7000 fenders or $27,000 clamshell to worry about), good handeling, and tons of power. :thumbsup

Chip

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
While I agree with what Chip said I LOVE my KR. I LOVE driving it almost as much as the GT. There is something about the KR that just seems to elevate it above the standard GT500 for me. I've driven both. The KR suspension is much better, the tires grippier (is that a word??), the Hurst shifter is like a rifle bolt, the 3:73 rear makes the car snappier and best of all the exhaust note is awesome. The rest of the KR specific items are nice too! There is definitely a sense of occasion when you drive the KR. Similar to the GT

The Ford GT is still at the top of the food chain but the KR is awesome IMHO.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
KR

The Ford GT is still at the top of the food chain but the KR is awesome IMHO.

+1

I would LOVE to have a KR. The best looking modern Shelby period! I think they will be the most desirable modern Mustangs a decade from now. It pains me to see so many great deals at a time I'm not making enough money to take advantage of them. :frown I need to sell more gas and Twinkies.

Chip

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
+1

I would LOVE to have a KR. The best looking modern Shelby period! I think they will be the most desirable modern Mustangs a decade from now. It pains me to see so many great deals at a time I'm not making enough money to take advantage of them. :frown I need to sell more gas and Twinkies.

Chip

Oh brother can I relate to this post Chip. I'd love to take advantage of some of the deals out there right now...maybe in a few months...

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Just found out today my 2011 is scheduled to be built mid May...WooHoo!

You mean the 2011 GT500 you haven't decided to buy yet? I'm telling on you.
:)

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
From what I have read, the new SVT suspension which I ordered is supposed to be a huge upgrade in handeling from the standard GT500. They have apparently done this without a harsher ride. Time will tell. I think quite a bit of the KR stuff is on this package, including the exhaust if memory serves. The KR is the best looking new Shelby out there, but I just couldn't daily drive it. I intend to thrash this one about without worrying about collectability. I'll take good care of it, but I'm not going to have cardiac arrest if I end up having to paint a panel or fix a chip. I would have had to spend ten grand more for a two year old KR that I wouldn't drive. Wifey would not be on board with this plan. She has been very understanding of my car hobby, but there are limits:biggrin

Jul 4, 2009
Expecting delivery here in UK late June....................

2011mustangshelbyGt500konablue1.jpg

:cheers