200mph on the Tollway

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

So does mean that they are testing the EZ Tag's ability to capture speed? Nobody really clarified that :confused

Oh, some Corvette thinks it went fast or something. :shrug

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Fun video. Lucky that John has friends in the right places to allow the event. The last shot of the radar gun is fun to see it hit 200mph!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I beat his speed on that road a week later and it didn't take me near as long of a distance. :)

love watching him hold that NOS button down for what it seemed an eternity.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I beat his speed on that road a week later and it didn't take me near as long of a distance. :)

love watching him hold that NOS button down for what it seemed an eternity.
That's a LONG N2O hit!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yeah but is DPS testing speed capture with EZ tag? That's not cool man!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Yeah but is DPS testing speed capture with EZ tag? That's not cool man!

speed capture with ex tag? huh?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wouldn't surprise me. They have two sets of receiver antennae on the towers, if their equipment was accurate enough, they could measure the time a single tag takes to activate both receivers. The difference could be calculated to I stand speed. It would be much more reliable the conventional radar because there is no question about which car is measured and they already have the best license plate capture system in the country. It wouldn't be hard to collect some fines from there.

***sad panda face***

Mar 15, 2006
1512018_10152183857290259_186856285_o.jpg

Mar 15, 2006
Yes, the system can measure speed by simply measuring the time the vehicle takes to travel over a set distance under the tower. I don't foresee Texas ever using this to mail tickets out. Not as long as the Republicans are in charge here. It would also discourage use of the toll road which is contrary to how they are going to pay for the road. But in other cities and states that need the money and with the wrong politicians who feel like the job of the government is to get into the lives of the citizens as much as possible, it could happen. The technology does exist.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Looks like you owe the state $1.90.

Nice to see that two axles were expected and two axles came through.