2009 SEMA "Best of Show"...the "Scarliner"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I still can't get this car out of my mind! What an all around great ride!

The photography shown in the link below leaves much to be desired, but, 'will give those of you who didn't get the chance to see the car at SEMA some idea of how kool this thing is!

Note the FGT dash & pseudo FGT 'bumper exit' exhaust, the AM door handles, the sweet 'underside' work, and, of course, the FGT 5.4 under the hood just to name a few of the neat features found in this thing! The more you look, the more you'll discover. (I think you'll even see a booth babe in one(?) of the photos somewhere if you look hard enough...:biggrin)

http://bodiestroud.com/gallery/the-scarliner

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Wow! Very impressive engineering. That could not have been a budget project by any means. Two things that I noticed: 1. The steering column going through the header? HOT. 2. I wonder what sort of work it took to make the GT engine bolt up to what appears to be a 5-speed automatic from a mustang? Regardless, the owner of such a beast should be very pleased. I know I would.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
upon further investigation it looks like the transmission was from a Lightning. http://bodiestroud.com/2009/07

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Very nice, looks well modded, FoMoCo power, etc.

I'm just not into 60's barges.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I still can't get this car out of my mind! What an all around great ride!

The photography shown in the link below leaves much to be desired, but, 'will give those of you who didn't get the chance to see the car at SEMA some idea of how kool this thing is!

Note the FGT dash & pseudo FGT 'bumper exit' exhaust, the AM door handles, the sweet 'underside' work, and, of course, the FGT 5.4 under the hood just to name a few of the neat features found in this thing! The more you look, the more you'll discover. (I think you'll even see a booth babe in one(?) of the photos somewhere if you look hard enough...:biggrin)

http://bodiestroud.com/gallery/the-scarliner

EP, I can just see you drooling over it! (the car too) Reminds me of another Ford or two you liked at Good Guys a year+ ago. I'll try to find photos of those...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
yes, they did a tv show on this car, forget which show, but its a nice build lots of fab work and even more money, I have a 70 mustang boss clone at the moment, and I also have a gt motor, computer, wiring etc... in my garage, I would like to introduce them to each other someday :)

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
yes, they did a tv show on this car, forget which show, but its a nice build lots of fab work and even more money, I have a 70 mustang boss clone at the moment, and I also have a gt motor, computer, wiring etc... in my garage, I would like to introduce them to each other someday :)

Now that would be a car!!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I think you had your eye on these at Good Guys '09...

Attachments

• IMG_2167.jpg
    IMG_2167.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_2222.jpg
    IMG_2222.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 339

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think you had your eye on these at Good Guys '09...

And you'd be ESPECIALLY right where that Thunderbolt clone is concerned!!!!!!!! THAT thing was just completely DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! :banana:banana:banana

'Wouldn't kick any of the others out of my garage either! :thumbsup