2006 vs 2005 - Whats new !?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Question,

what's been changed from 2005 to 2006 >? I hear the front grille is different, but the airinlet to the front brakes still has not been opened up.

What else ? What about eventual tech-changes and upgrades vs 2005s?
One change was done during 2005, from initially a solid pipe orof oilfeed to the transaxle (that's frequently leaking in the early models), in later vins Ford used a flexhose, that avoids leaking and has better fit and resistance to body engine movement.

pls start posting !

stefan

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I don't think the front grill is different, it's missing all together.
That or someone stole mine :wink

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Changes

Go back through the archives. All these changes have been discussed with pictures. Yes, the front screen no longer exists in the 2006.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Go back through the archives. All these changes have been discussed with pictures. Yes, the front screen no longer exists in the 2006.

...does that make the ORIGINAL 2005's more collectable?? :thumbsup :rofl

ReiKo

Mar 8, 2006
Grosse Pointe, MI
Also some 2006 early model VINS were hand stamped and one or two were hand carved... Also Control arms are switched over to casting again...

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Bony

Ofcourse!- all of us that have 05s know that.
I hear the silver ones are even more special- faster too. :lol

guys- enjoy your Sunday!

Manny

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
Apparently, the windshield antenna connection point changed. On my 06 it's at the top in the centre. At some point it was on the side - my dealers had the ‘wrong’ windshield in stock and they have ordered the other one.