2006 Red 4 Option FGT originally sold in Maine....info needed?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
low mileage (1500?), now in Florida I think, with one dealer in between......anyone know this car?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Low mileage (1500?), now in Florida I think, with one dealer in between......anyone know this car?

Wizard,

We're going to need more information than this. No serial # and you're not sure it's even in Florida?????

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That is a pretty vague description. A VIN number would really help.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Ahhh yes. I didn't realize I had it, but here it is.....

1FAFP90S16Y400693

and yeah I guess I'm pretty sure it is now in Florida, but not currently registered there, just physically present.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
BUMP.....

working on a deal for this car, any quick info would certainly be appreciated......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
BUMP.....

working on a deal for this car, any quick info would certainly be appreciated......

May I suggest you don't rush into buying this car (or let loose of a dime) until you have a PPI (pre purchase inspection) done by a PRO on this or any other FGT you intend to buy. It might save you thousands of dollars later on.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This car is probably fine but there are an increasing amount of wrecked GT's out there being repaired and sold as a "no story" car. Do your homework.:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
BUMP.....

Get an Oasis report from a ford dealer.. that will tell you some info . where in Florida?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
All good advice....thanks. Follow-up questions......

PPI for sure.....who would be ideal for a PPI in Florida?

Homework? The Carfax is clean...what else?

Never heard of an Oasis report...could you give me a few more words about this?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
All good advice....thanks. Follow-up questions......

Homework? The Carfax is clean...what else?

Never heard of an Oasis report...could you give me a few more words about this?

The Oasis is an internal Ford Report that will show the service history if performed by a ford dealer. It will tell if and when the axle bolts were upgraded and any other service performed. As mentioned a PPI by a person with GT knowledge would be recommended. Any repairs done off the grid will not show up on any report.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
The Oasis is an internal Ford Report that will show the service history if performed by a ford dealer. It will tell if and when the axle bolts were upgraded and any other service performed. As mentioned a PPI by a person with GT knowledge would be recommended. Any repairs done off the grid will not show up on any report.

OK cool....thanks....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...The Carfax is clean...what else?

What follows is a rehash of a prior post:

Regarding the "PPI", here are some recommendations listed by "RALPHIE" a while back:

"Rich & Denis - "The GT Guy," just south of Detroit in South Rockford, Michigan
Shelby Smith - "Elite Motors," Jonesboro, Arkansas
Rich Roback - "Invisible Touch Enterprises," Kingman, Arizona
Bill Knobloch aka "Shadowman" - "Discovery Automotive," Placerville, California
Kendall Pond aka "nota4re" - "Cooltech, LLC," Newhall, California

Plus the Hennessey Dealerships in Sealy, Texas and Lake Forest, California, and Heffner Performance in Sarasota, Florida. Perhaps Kip Ewing in Royal Oak, Michigan."

I would add: Don't accept as 'gospel' any info "Car Fax" (or whomever) gives you. Many GTs have undergone various degrees of repair that just don't show up on reports anywhere. That's the main reason a PPI has been suggested.

Last edited:

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
The only caveat I would add to the oasis has to do with the axle bolts back in the day. Both of my GTs were done under warranty and it sez something like" customer complains leaking oil and will not move" on the work order. That was not true and I suppose done to get warranty coverage at the time. The only complaint i have ever had about the GT was just the one and only time of hitting my head on door. As for the axle bolts, recall initially there was waffling about the problem from Ford. I'm sure dealers all over were doing what they could to fix the problem and be done with it. Just a thought.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The OASIS report will tell you everything FORD did to the car. You do want to see the axle bolt update, but make sure it was done after a certain date too (someone can say, but I think it was roughly after April/May 2008). Kits before that had the same failure mechanism as before so you might see it done twice.

If the axle bolt change was done with the aftermarket kit it won't show on OASIS unless Ford installed it. You can tell if the marks on the bolts are gone on the bolt itself.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Ford GT Hotline is gone? Leave a message it says?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Car is in Vero Beach.....3 hours from Heffner, but they won't travel.....but maybe still an option. Any better ideas now that we know the city? And, can anyone run the VIN to learn more than the CarFax? This could be the one guys....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"The GT Guy(s)" have flown all over the place to do PPIs. Of course you would naturally be footing the bill for travel costs.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"The GT Guy(s)" have flown all over the place to do PPIs. Of course you would naturally be footing the bill for travel costs.

And it would be cheap at that price. And you should be there when they are going over it.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
OK got it. Getting tougher to pull off on a Florida car when I'm in Los Angeles. It would be nice to be there when the check is handed over and the vehicle is loaded on the truck, but this would necessarily happen days after the PPI I would think.

Let me ask this....I can see that the Oasis report would be required, but is it all that important BEFORE the sale? I mean if the axle bolts hadn't been done, and you learn that later, then you'd just take it in to Ford and have it done at that point? Is it likely to show anything else negative about the car? Do they charge for this report?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I believe the time has long past when Ford will replace the 'bolts "on their dime", so to speak. As I recall, there was a "have-it-done-by-this-date" stipulation regarding FORD 'paying' for the 'bolt upgrade.

Regardless, if Oasis says the 'bolts weren't done, or a PPI reveals the bolts haven't been changed, and that's all that one can find wrong with the car, certainly the bolts can be done by whomever you wish - before or after the sale. It shouldn't matter as long as the car sees no additional road time before the bolts are changed. (You wouldn't want to have a 'bolt failure on the road at the wrong time as has been the case for some owners. It gets real 'messy' in more ways than one.)

:cheers