2006 Ford GT, 650 miles, Mark IV Red, All Four Options

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
The auction just started on Bring a Trailer: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-62/

The car is in Brentwood (West Los Angeles, off Sunset) and has all the original items, including the red-topped “Ford GT” Optima battery (still works!) and original Goodyear Eagle F1s (technically still work, but please replace them if you plan to drive it…).

I’ve known this car, and the owner, since new. He sadly died of pancreatic cancer in 2013 and he had two 2006 Ford GTs (both red, four-option cars) at the time. His wife, bless her heart, decided to enjoy the “higher mileage” car, which now has all of 2,500 miles on it, but this one was the babied car that never left the garage. Only 650 miles on this one.

I shot all the photos for the auction and I’m managing it for the former owner’s wife. It’s as clean and original as they come. If you’re looking for a “like new” 2006 Ford GT, this is a good candidate.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
ENZO , original batteries were all black with the GT sticker.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Now you’re making my memory work overtime. I thought they were red but maybe they were black…

Did he have the sticker transferred to this battery to keep the ”Ford GT” badging on it? Maybe you could do that.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I seem to remember that some have transferred the decal to the new battery, but it also looks like it can still be purchased https://www.ebay.com/itm/185286576448

(possibly remakes, not sure)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The last battery I bought through Ford parts had a red top and FGT sticker.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good luck with the sale, and dealing with the "peanut gallery" which I see if off to a good start already........

Reactions: ENZO BTR

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you order a new battery from Ford using your VIN it comes with a new Ford GT sticker, but it is a red top. You cannot get a black top, they don't make them.

Reactions: ENZO BTR