2005 Left front headlight

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hi every body.

The owner of a 2005 Ford GT in France, is looking for a left front headlight. A priori the reference is : 4G7Z-13008-AD
Does anyone know where he can buy one?

Thanks in advance for him.

Best regards.

Saint Ho.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
it's a problem right now. both sides have gone obsolete in the Ford system. However I'm hearing some have been reproduced but can't find a source for the HID components and then an inside source at Ford said there are some stashed in a warehouse in Michigan. so right now just not sure when they will be available again. I personally don't see the big deal on the HID components. why not use the internals from another light if you already have the external components made? maybe not totally OEM but something is better than nothing. I have about 12 customers or more building cars with no head lamps so have become a real current issue. hope it gets fixed

Reactions: Johntpr

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Wow. Didn't realize unobtanium. Sadly will be an ever increasing problem I suspect due to age, and current supply chain interruptions that are affecting so many varied things. Hope you find one!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Occasionally on EBay. Maybe X2 Builders. If they have one, I will look at it for you before you buy. Give me a day or two to check. It would come from a salvage car but would be in good shape. There was a post here about a year ago from someone who claimed to repair them. Desi, a member here from Berlin, bought all the Matech take off parts, but I believe he sold the whole batch to someone else a few years ago. Have you checked with David Jones T GT101 in England?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
None listed on EBay. I am checking with Xe. They list one on their website. I will send a PM to you when I hear.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have heard that SW Lights, Agoura Hills, California MIGHT be a source for repair.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I know Rich Brooks and GT GUYS LLC is working on getting some produced but they won’t be exactly like the originals

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I anticipate headlights will be the same problem with a New GT as well where they’re so unique. knowing the issue with the 0506 cars I ordered a set for my new Gt which I now have in my inventory. I do have an extra set of lights for the 0506 but I’ll never part with them.
I do think X2 builders might be a good resource to check with

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I anticipate headlights will be the same problem with a New GT as well where they’re so unique. knowing the issue with the 0506 cars I ordered a set for my new Gt which I now have in my inventory. I do have an extra set of lights for the 0506 but I’ll never part with them.
I do think X2 builders might be a good resource to check with
x2 don't have any..

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Thank you all for your help, even if, for the moment, there is no solution.
We keep looking.
I pass it on to the car owner.

Best regards.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
What a bummer, that sucks big time.

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
I thought there was a post years ago someone was working on opening up the original sealed headlights.