Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have a windscreen NIB if anyone is interested

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Ok. So we are getting ready to pull the trigger on this deal. Big thanks to Jim, Fred and Rich (GT Guys) on helping out with this as well. If anyone else would like a chassis please let me know cause in the next two weeks here we are going to finalize this and place the order.
One thing I have found out is that being its a one time sale to one person to get the discount, Ford will only ship the chassis's to one location. So RIch (GT guys) has a logistics company he uses in detriot that is willing to take all the chassis's. Anyone that is unable to pic yours up in detriot will need to have it shipped. We have size and weight of the crates so getting quotes for freight should be pretty easy to do online. I can also handle it for you also if needed..

BTW we are at 17 chassis's right now!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Thanks for putting this together Dan. Look forward to getting the chassis soon.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am placing the order march 4th which is next Monday. I think i've been in touch with just about everyone in this group that are purchasing one. If any other of you are on the fence about getting one you will need to contact me with in a day here.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I have a windscreen NIB if anyone is interested

With a chassis and a windscreen you are almost ready to take it for a drive.

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
This is a pretty exciting opportunity for everyone involved.

Has anyone given thought to gearboxes they'll use yet?

For those planning to build cars from these, the Graziano L140 from the Lamborghini Gallardo may be a choice worth looking into. I've had quite a few come through the shop for gear ratio changes in the past year and have been very impressed with the gearbox.( I chose one for my own Superlite GT-R track car build ) They appear to be easily as strong as the Ricardo (I had one apart last week for synchros ), but are more serviceable ,roughly 40# lighter and have mass produced parts readily available. New I think they only cost $10-11k, too.

I know HCF ( https://hcfautoparts.com/ ) has supplied a couple to custom builds recently... they also make the drop gears and clutches many of the Superlite SLC , GT-R and Aero owners are using now with much success.

Also, I am using the Ford Aluminator 5.2XS crate engine . It made 524rwhp . That would be an excellent choice for this car as well.

Ron

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
UPDATE!!!! First and for most thanks to Downs Ford in Nj and Rick Riccardi. They handled this whole transaction with out making a single penny on the deal! If you're on the east coast please keep them in mind for anything Ford related. Thanks to Jim, Fred, Rich (GT guys) for all your help on everything along the way.

We ordered 17 Chassis's amoungst our great group of fellow GT guys today.

There are probably at least 7 or so of these chassis's that are going to be made into kit cars for road racing and such. We are going to have some awesome body options.
The Matech wide body and GT3 body kit
Stock style look
Also thanks to H and the Robertsons they have offered me the opportunity to build tooling off their molds to offer their stuff too. They also bought a chassis.

I'm sure some fun project post will come from members during their builds for the community to enjoy...

Thanks again to everyone who went in on this.

Dan

Reactions: spartan

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
this is really cool to see. Would love to hear about the various projects and build updates. thanks

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
UPDATE!!!! First and for most thanks to Downs Ford in Nj and Rick Riccardi. They handled this whole transaction with out making a single penny on the deal! If you're on the east coast please keep them in mind for anything Ford related. Thanks to Jim, Fred, Rich (GT guys) for all your help on everything along the way.

We ordered 17 Chassis's amoungst our great group of fellow GT guys today.

There are probably at least 7 or so of these chassis's that are going to be made into kit cars for road racing and such. We are going to have some awesome body options.
The Matech wide body and GT3 body kit
Stock style look
Also thanks to H and the Robertsons they have offered me the opportunity to build tooling off their molds to offer their stuff too. They also bought a chassis.

I'm sure some fun project post will come from members during their builds for the community to enjoy...

Thanks again to everyone who went in on this.

Dan

Hey Guys,

This is a very cool project! Don't forget our Ahlman Performance Ohlins Adjustable (and serviceable) Coil-Over's for your cars. See http://www.ahlmanperformance.com/products#/ford-gt-shock-overview for details including two and four way adjustability as well as four different configurations from street biased to race track biased. I would have to make some adjustments for big weight differences, but I am glad to make them. Email me at sahlman@ahlmaneng.com for inquiries. Thank you, Scott54726

Reactions: 2112 and B.M.F.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Hey Guys,

This is a very cool project! Don't forget our Ahlman Performance Ohlins Adjustable (and serviceable) Coil-Over's for your cars. See http://www.ahlmanperformance.com/products#/ford-gt-shock-overview for details including two and four-way adjustability as well as four different configurations from street biased to race track biased. I would have to make some adjustments for big weight differences, but I am glad to make them. Email me at sahlman@ahlmaneng.com for inquiries. Thank you, Scott

View attachment 54726

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Update for those who bought chassis's. All chassis will start shipping this next week to the logistics company in Detriot and then from there we can get them shipped out to those out side of Detriot!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Received the chassis today. Thanks again Dan for organizing this group buy. Now the fun starts.54766547635476754765

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Dan, I have 3 friends that want to do a GT race car build and they want to buy chassis. Are we ready for another group buy?

Reactions: jammer and steved57

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
If anyone reading this would like a chassis that did not get one the first time we will be buying more.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Still $15k for the next batch?

QSS

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Still $15k for the next batch?

QSS

I'm working out those details now.

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
oh wow, the temptation!!!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
We have 7 guys right now for the group buy in. We need 3 more guys to meet the minimum of 10. Looking to place the order with in the next two weeks.

Reactions: spartan

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
What is the cost of these ?

JoeZ

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2014
What is cost?