2003 Mustang SVT Cobra Coupe For Sale

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Just so you know, the only reason I’m selling this car is that I am out of storage space. I’m lucky enough to have filled all the available storage space with cars. I have my eye on a new purchase, but I have to make room, so the Mustang Cobra has to go.

I bought this 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra Coupe brand new on Sept. 20, 2002, from Anderson Ford-Mercury in Clinton, Illinois. As of today, it has 3,425 miles on it. It has never been wet. I have never made a wheel spinning start, nor has the engine ever been run all the way to the red line. I am 62 years old and got all of that out of my system years ago. The exterior is Dark Shadow Gray and the interior is Dark Charcoal Leather with Graphite Inserts. I have every piece of paper known to man that came with the car. All of the tags, stickers, color dots, and even the paper from the plastic covers that were over the seats was saved. Also I have a copy of the original certificate of origin.

The car is dead stock, except for Hawk HPS rear brake pads (I hate brake dust) and a Pro 5.0 Positive Clutch Cable Adjuster (I’m 6’5” and it is really easy for me to catch the pedal with my foot entering the car and accidentally change the adjustment.) I do all my own maintenance (wouldn’t let the dealer touch the car), including oil changes every 1,000 miles or less, fresh coolant last summer, and there was a Throttle Pedal Shield recall that I got the part from the dealer and installed myself.

The car is in better condition than when it was delivered new. I do a much better job of cleaning and detailing than Ford did. There is a small abrasion on the underside of the front spoiler that was there when the car was delivered new. I suspect it occurred when the car was transported to the dealer. You have to lie on the ground to see it. There is some road abrasion on the underside of the rocker panels where they extend underneath the car. They are plastic, so there is no color damage, but you can feel it with your hand if you lie under the car.

Pricing: If you want to try to deal on the car, the asking price is $28,500 and I’ll deal down to $25,000. But, if you just want to buy the car, it’s yours for $25,000. Economics are not the problem, here, so offers below $25,000 will not be considered. At this price, I come out OK and the buyer gets a great car at a good price. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.

As a way of thanks to Forum Members for all the great information I’ve received about my Ford GT, I’m only advertising the Mustang Cobra through this site. For more detailed information and photos of the car and documentation, please PM me, and I’ll provide complete contact data.

Attachments

• Engine 4 Large e-mail view.jpg
    Engine 4 Large e-mail view.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 2,939
  • Exerior 1 Large e-mail view.jpg
    Exerior 1 Large e-mail view.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 3,013
  • Exterior 2 Large e-mail view.jpg
    Exterior 2 Large e-mail view.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 3,108
  • Interior 2 Large e-mail view.jpg
    Interior 2 Large e-mail view.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,906
  • Interior 3 Large e-mail view.jpg
    Interior 3 Large e-mail view.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 2,971

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Good luck on the sale! :)
Respect your dislosure, folks could learn a lot from this post :)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I would also like to put a good word in for DWR. He purchased his GT from me and from my experience with him, he really knows his stuff. If he tells you the car is a certain way, I guarantee that it is. He wrote down every word that he and I discussed when he purchased his GT from me and he had every document in a 3-ring binder. This guy is a true car collector in every sense of the word and I would buy anything from his collection with peace of mind. DWR did not ask me to do this nor did he know I was going to, I just want to give anyone that is interested in purchasing this car "peace of mind" as there is no doubt in my mind that the transaction would go perfectly! Best of luck DWR! :thumbsup ........ Some one is going to get a GREAT car! :cheers

johnk

Nov 11, 2007
Location?

Thanks

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Car is located in Decatur, IL

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks for all the kind words of support. The Mustang Cobra actually sold for MORE than my stated price, as a number of buyers appreciated what the car was. So, I am on to my next toy!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Excellent, shows how important a well written ad is. Beautiful car, that I am confident will be treated in the same fashion as you babied her... :)

What's next? :)

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
I am honestly thinking about Aston Martin's, but don't tell Shelby, he already has too much of my money.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
V8 or V12 ? :)
one of 77 ?

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Not sure about of V8 or V12, but definitely not a One of 77, way out of my league.