1st Track Day Test in GT40 mk2

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Finally got to get out and test the GT40 on the track, and it's a monster! Found a few things that we need to tweak and adjust, mainly the pedals and linkage.. it was impossible to heel-toe and the shift linkage could be a bit smoother.. also need a proper harness. FUn day

Watch > Gold GT40 On the Track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNpWpraOF98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNpWpraOF98
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 11.23.47 AM.png

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Can the pedals be adjusted for heel-toe? I'm assuming they are not co-planar. That was the case in my Cobra and the work needed simply wasn't worth the pain. It' was one of the only flaws in my HST-built carbon fiber CSX.

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Can the pedals be adjusted for heel-toe? I'm assuming they are not co-planar. That was the case in my Cobra and the work needed simply wasn't worth the pain. It' was one of the only flaws in my HST-built carbon fiber CSX.

We have adjusted them and actually modded the footbox ( I'm 6'3").. right now the main issue is the throttle pressure is far too firm, almost like a clutch. We are changing out the cable and routing location.... The other change will be the seat harness to a proper 5-point.
IMG_0327.JPG

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Ha, throttle pressure. I hadn't driven my 71 F250 Hi Boy in a while. Manual steering, manual trans, manual drum brakes. Took it for a road trip and by the end I had to hold down on my knee to keep throttle down(well, sort of). So, manual throttle too. Put a lighter spring on so it wouldn't wipe out throttle shaft bore(single 500CFM 2BBL 360/390 w/cam and headers. Sure miss that truck).

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
What speeds are you hitting on the front straight?

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
What speeds are you hitting on the front straight?
it was only half track, actually more watching gauges ( oil , water, temps,).. got to top of 3rd, but who knows :p