GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Ralphie.
I just cannot get enough of these type of film clips.
I'm sitting in my hotel room in Venice, closer to Le Mans than usual, but alas, not close enough to make the race!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Keep 'Em Flying!

Gentlemen,

I didn't see it in that write up but I'm sure the #1 Mark IV GT will be at Le Mans and will run the vintage race car parade laps before the start. How great would it be to see and hear that car at speed on the Mulsanne again?!?! If Ford does not have it there, they should have.

The Henry Ford Museum restored the #82 Lotus-Ford Indy Car of Jim Clark a couple years ago and sent it on tour in Europe where it ran at Goodwood and other venues. Upon it's return to the states they took it back to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and let a present day Indycar driver (I forget who) run it on the track. How cool is that?

Old Warbirds are best viewed in the air and old Racecars are best viewed and appreciated when they are making noise on the track. Thanks to the Henry Ford Museum for keeping these old and priceless Ford race cars running.

Chip

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Excellent history video.

Thanks

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Chip - did you get my email last week??
Steve

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Chip, the FGT winner will be on a European Grand Tour next year.

Dan Gurney mentioned it during a radio interview during the Le Mans broadcast last night.

It will be wonderful seeing it on the track again.