11 Shelby GT 500-While I wait for the Ford GT

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
2112 Let us know how you like the suspension. Are you getting the ss kit or the full sla front end as well? For a daily driver I believe all one needs is the griggs ss kit which runs about the same price as the svt pack option does on the 11 gt500.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes it is the SS kit. Has the torque arm/ Watts link. Front Ground Control coilovers with camber-caster plates up top and ajustable height coils in back with Koni shocks. Also has adjustable Lower Control arms out back. I totally removed the Upper control arm when I had my Axle out to get cleaned up and gears swapped.

I am going to do it in 2 stages. Torque arm and Watts link first, Springs second. That way I can get a better impression on how each upgrade improved the car.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
Nice!!!

I want to get a mustang gt 5.0 some bolt ons and tune, then add the griggs ss kit with there adjustable panhard bar. But back on topic Ford did one outstanding job on the 2011 gt500, with the a/l block and the handling package. And it looks killer too! Congrats again Seeker!

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
Nice!!!

I want to get a mustang gt 5.0 some bolt ons and tune, then add the griggs ss kit with there adjustable panhard bar. But back on topic Ford did one outstanding job on the 2011 gt500, with the a/l block and the handling package. And it looks killer too! Congrats again Seeker!

Thanks Michael and you are correct, Ford did an outstanding job and the SVTPP is the cats pajamas.
Rocky

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Gorgeous car!:thumbsup

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
Gorgeous car!:thumbsup

Many thanks! It eats BMW's for breakafast and vettes for lunch.............

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Many thanks! It eats BMW's for breakafast and vettes for lunch.............

It is really nice, congratulations. The crystal ball says there may be one just like yours in my not too distant future... That is if I can keep Ralphie from talking to my wife about needing her own GT...:willy

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...That is if I can keep Ralphie from talking to my wife about needing her own GT...:willy

No way - You're just afraid she'll be faster! :thumbsup

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Sugar Land, Texas? No kidding... I lived there from 1993-1996. (Age 0-3 haha)
My Dad lived there from 1977-1996.

I'll tell my relatives back home to watch out for a red hot GT500 roaring down the road! :willy

Congrats on the ride!

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
The $64 question is, how far can I go hp wise before I have no hook-up? Currently, I get minimal wheel spin with a feathered drop and a lot with full dump. My thought is that adding the watts-link will help but adding much more hp will add to my problems.

You're doing good if you can keep you wheel spin to a minimum now. I have an 08 KR and have a tough time hooking up at any hard throttle.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Love the red and the new stripes!
We have a 2007 Grabber Orange with modified suspension and wheels-tires.