1/2 Mile Speed Event - Clayton, GA

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I got a call yesterday from a guy who claimed he was a regional promotion rep for Ford Motor Company. I have no reason to doubt that but I don't know him personally. He asked me to get the word out to the GT community about a 1/2 mile event in his area. He said one stock GT showed up last year and it got all the attention but it didn't run well against the big turbo GTRs and Gallardos. He wanted to see if any TT-GT could show up and put down some big numbers. I have no idea why he decided to call me but I figured somebody here might want to go.The location look beautiful, to bad its only a half mile run. 200mph seemed to be the target for the really fast cars.
Here is a link:
Heavens Landing in Clayton, GA.
http://wannagofast.com

If anybody goes, please post up about the event.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
gonna take more than 1000/1100 in a GT to get 200 at the half. I did 208.5 in my Lambo and it has a good deal more than 1100hp.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Cool, looks like this organization hosts 1/2 mile races at different runways in different states....

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Heavens Landing looked like a great place to tool around in GT. I wasn’t sure if anybody out there had a big TT setup. I agree with Mullet, 200mph at the ½ marker is moving out pretty good, even by today’s crazy standards. It would take an above-average build to pull a trophy.