0-60 and Quarter Mile Times

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I find it funny that an European magazine ranks the GT 1st, the Ferrari 2nd and the Gallardo 4th and an American magazine ranks the Ferrari 1st the Gallardo 2nd and the GT 3rd. This with the Gallardo breaking and not being able to even finish the testing. It didn't surpass the GT in performance, but gained extra points from "subjective" scores.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
eshrink said:
Car & Driver ranked the GT 3rd? Now that's a painful thought.

Yes, I would appreciate that being FAX'd. You have the number I believe.

I ordered the EVO articles today (as per above).

Thanks, Tungsten. (How are you liking our humidity?)

- doc

That's because Csaba Csere, the editor in chief is a former disgruntled Ford employee. Ford products have been granny shifted, slammed, and always put down by this "Auto Rag". If they test Heffners GT they will only talk about how great Ford could have made it.

Scode

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Paul (centerpunch),

I remember that issue.

They HAD TO rank the GT first. It so toasted the Porsche and the Ferarri, that it left them wondering out loud (in print) whether or not they should have tested the Ford GT against the Carrara GT and the Ferarri Enzo.

Eric

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I know that many would only like to compare the above mentioned cars in their stock condition - but still fellas.... We are sitting with cars that will exeed 650HP with a $600 pulley-kit!!!

Beat that Itaian boys :usa

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Whew! OK, let me explain why I started this thread. I have absolutely no interest in another car; that had nothing to do with it.

We have a neighbor who came into some money and bought an exotic.

He goes WOT on our barely two lane entrance road without warming up the car. He makes pass after pass after pass, going beyond redline. If the car has a rev limiter, he hits it. The car is driven less than 100 yards as an initial warm up.

The road is, at most, 18 feet wide, likely less. 25mph zone, and he easily passes 70+, turns around and does it again and again...at 9:30 pm.

It sounds like a sport bike with hemmorhoids or a speed boat having a prostate exam.

So, I wondered how fast this car was in comparison to our cars.

Oh, by the way, he is about 54 years old. Clueless in Atlanta.

- doc

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
If you are going to be in the So Cal area in October (the 21st and 22nd), come on out to California Speedway in Fontana, and find out how quick YOUR GT can run in the 1/4 mile. Accufab will be hosting the "Ford GT Round-Up", open to any GT owner, which will be held in conjunction with the Fun Ford Weekend Drag Race and Car Show.

The editors from Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords, Mustang 5.0 and other Ford performance magazines will be covering this event for their respective magazines, hint, hint.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Damn... Denmark is just a couple of 1000 miles too far away... :bang

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Ugh, wait a minute now. Are you going to let that stand in your way? What kind of GT enthusiast are you anyway? Besides, if you win the $1,000 Accufab is giving away to the winner, the transportation costs will almost be a wash, LOL.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Do you have to pre-register or can you pay at the door? Be a good time to hear your exaust.