Ford GT storage in non climate controlled garage

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Midwest weather

Just a simple uninsulated garage.

Car is in car capsule (pretty cool concept, the airation is supposed to prevent anything regardless of humidity)

Anything else I should do? Other than putting it on a tender?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Mouse traps. Seriously. Last week I had the oil changed on my car and we found shredded insulation and the like stuffed up in the joint between the mid-body panel and the metal panel under the gas tank. I keep it in my sort-of climate controlled garage, so I put out mouse traps in the garage to kill those critters.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, and we mentioned before, watch out for the mice. Don't keep the key in the car. You can overinflate tires to max sidewall psi to help flat spotting.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Run a dehumidifier, I do both up north and in Florida.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I run dual dehumidifiers in Pensacola, Fl.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Thank you guys! Running dehumidifer. It doesnt work during Midwest winter but other than that, it goes well!

Reactions: white out

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Can you share a picture of the car capsule and the size you bought for the GT. Always been curious to see what a GT looks like inside one.

There are some rodent deterrent sprays, like mint, that you can use around the tires, various formulations and brands including organic, based on preferences.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Can you share a picture of the car capsule and the size you bought for the GT. Always been curious to see what a GT looks like inside one.

There are some rodent deterrent sprays, like mint, that you can use around the tires, various formulations and brands including organic, based on preferences.
Sure I will take a photo once I get home. I got a 18 foot one but shouldve got a 16 foot one. Not worried about rodents since its in a car capsule.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Another thing you guys can do,
that is highly effective is to put
Roach Motels at every door opening,
one on each side (left & right)
Not only will they catch Mice but all the other creepy crawlies too.
Bugs and spiders not so much a problem in the wintertime but come spring and summer it's crazy what these little sticky traps catch.
My shop is as clean as operating room and those help to keep it sanitary. I get them by the case.
And a few extra mouse traps as back up especially when it starts getting cold.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thank you guys! Running dehumidifer. It doesnt work during Midwest winter but other than that, it goes well!
Nope when below freezing, but sure is important for the other 3 seasons of the year. Our un heated building rarely goes below freezing, but I still leave it plugged in and running. It cycles as needed.