Took these in my driveway this morning-

Thanks for looking!

Eddie:biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Eddie-

The slide show works fine. I just never tire of looking at photos of GTs.

How about an enlarged still of that front roundel decal?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Pretty slick

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
nice pix eddie :thumbsup i know you don't race top fuel hydro's anymore but have you done anykind of recreational boating since then? i have a BIG poster sized framed picture on my wall of you making a 220+ mph pass at firebird lake in your old top fuel hydro :bow i know the twin propped capsule boats are doin 255+ mph in the 1/4 now but i still think your 229 mph pass still holds the record for no capsule right? anyway, i used to race my kachina jet boat in the river racer class with the IHBA at firebird. i got 2nd place at the 2001 world finals when i broke out with a 11.89 @ 86.9 mph. it was the first race ever held at night and the glare on the water from the lights was so bad i couldn't see the starting pin in the water or the finish line at the end. :skep
i sold my jet boat last year and now go to lake havasu mostly with my 25' nordic rage muscle boat that i put a whipple supercharger on. if you have any pix to share with us of you racing drag boats please do post them up :cheers

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looks great, did get dizzy trying to make out what you have on the rondel on the front. :)

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Eddie-

The slide show works fine. I just never tire of looking at photos of GTs.

How about an enlarged still of that front roundel decal?

Because You Asked--

Shameless Self-Promotion!!:thumbsup:lol

GTfrontwitbonnetopenfromeyelevel.jpg

GTbonnetwithEddieHillsFunCycleslogo.jpg

My motorcycle/ ATV/Personal watercraft dealership. I started it as a one-man store in 1966--still hard to believe that was FORTY-ONE years ago:eek:eek We sell Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Polaris, and Harley-engined Choppers from the West Coast.:banana

Thanks for asking!!:wink

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Does this qualify as advertising and allow you to write the car off? Hmmmmm?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Fpikul will have a skull and crossed bones on his soon. Just before tax time.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations. It's a great looking car. The Heritage Colors are very special. I would like to trade my white car for one.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
nice pix eddie :thumbsup i know you don't race top fuel hydro's anymore but have you done anykind of recreational boating since then? i have a BIG poster sized framed picture on my wall of you making a 220+ mph pass at firebird lake in your old top fuel hydro :bow i know the twin propped capsule boats are doin 255+ mph in the 1/4 now but i still think your 229 mph pass still holds the record for no capsule right? anyway, i used to race my kachina jet boat in the river racer class with the IHBA at firebird. i got 2nd place at the 2001 world finals when i broke out with a 11.89 @ 86.9 mph. it was the first race ever held at night and the glare on the water from the lights was so bad i couldn't see the starting pin in the water or the finish line at the end. :skep
i sold my jet boat last year and now go to lake havasu mostly with my 25' nordic rage muscle boat that i put a whipple supercharger on. if you have any pix to share with us of you racing drag boats please do post them up :cheers

Here's my playboat--

EddieHillsaircraftcarrieratWichi-14.jpg

Click on the bottom picture to hear it run:wink

It's a 540 inch big-block Chev with a turbo-hydro and V-drive. Sleek-Craft tunnel-hull. Over 100mph on a good day--(less than half of my race boat), but still feels good on the local lake!!:thumbsup

BTW, my 229MPH boat is on display at my dealership, as well as my "First in the Fours" Top Fuel car--glad I kept them both!! You can see them here-www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We ass-o-lutely have to have a forum event in Texas....

Lots of great owners in Texas Country!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
sweet boat eddie :biggrin i knew you still had it in you :wink

gives me hope that when i am your age my body is still willin.......

here is a pic of my jet boat that i had custom built for me back in 95'

Attachments

• 00514882719.jpg
    00514882719.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 240

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Here's my playboat--

EddieHillsaircraftcarrieratWichi-14.jpg

Click on the bottom picture to hear it run:wink

It's a 540 inch big-block Chev with a turbo-hydro and V-drive. Sleek-Craft tunnel-hull. Over 100mph on a good day--(less than half of my race boat), but still feels good on the local lake!!:thumbsup

BTW, my 229MPH boat is on display at my dealership, as well as my "First in the Fours" Top Fuel car--glad I kept them both!! You can see them here-www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com

Geeze Eddie, I kinda thought we were going to see a KB with a 1471 sitting on top.:lol

I'm driving to Texas over Thanksgiving with an empty truck. We need to talk about a 4X4 ATC for Mrs stevea and two Vino 125's for the motor home.:thumbsup

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007

:confused Food for thought--:thumbsup

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Congratulations. It's a great looking car. The Heritage Colors are very special. I would like to trade my white car for one.

Thanks, Kirby!

The Heritage was an easy choice for me, for several reasons;

Wife Ercie picked it.:wink

LLoyd Ruby, another Wichita Falls resident and friend of mine (he rides one of our Kawasakis and we did a ride together last year), won in one with these colors. I'd like to get him to sign the driver's side roundel.

To Ercie and me,the Heritage livery looks more like a race car, so it fits fits LLoyd's and my "heritage" better.

I have had cars through the years with all the other colors, but never anything close to the Heritage scheme, so it is new and different and special to us.

Wife Ercie picked it.:wink

Of course, the car looks GREAT in any color, but Heritage is the only one for me!:thumbsup:banana

Eddie

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
sweet boat eddie :biggrin i knew you still had it in you :wink

gives me hope that when i am your age my body is still willin.......

here is a pic of my jet boat that i had custom built for me back in 95/QUOTE]

Nice ride, Freddy!! Love the colors!

I am very blessed to still be able to walk(without a limp) and talk, and still have all my fingers and toes---

The brain damage has never gotten any better:eek, but all the doctors said that that was a pre-existing condition---:confused :lol

Wottleshedoo?:confused

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Geeze Eddie, I kinda thought we were going to see a KB with a 1471 sitting on top.:lol

I'm driving to Texas over Thanksgiving with an empty truck. We need to talk about a 4X4 ATC for Mrs stevea and two Vino 125's for the motor home.:thumbsup

For a playboat, it would get kinda irksome to have to put new rods and pistons in, every four and a half seconds!! :eek:eek :lol

Let's talk!:thumbsup Don't want you going home with an empty truck!!:frown

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Wow!! I absolutely have to share this story so guys and gals bear with me here.

Eddie, Ercie, do you remember? LOL

Many years ago shortly after Eddie went over backwards in his Top Fuel Dragster I had flown in from deployment overseas and was able to attend the Annual Super Shops Pre Gatornational event where Eddie and Ercie Hill signed autographs and hung out with us car guys and benched raced the day away..

During the Bench Racing I was alerted back to my sqoadron and had to fly out to go and track some bad guys (Russian Sub off the east coast) I just knew I was going to miss the Gatornationals but we did our job (Successfully I might add! LOL) and made it home just before 5pm the following day.

I went straight to the Exchange and picked up a set of Naval Aviator (Pilots) wings and made it to G-Ville Friday morning with the intention of presenting the wings to Eddie at the Gatornationals.

Now I didnt know Ercie or Eddie other than meeting them at the Super Shops event but as I stood there at the trailer in the Pits I asked Ercie if I she could give Eddie something from the US Navy that he had earned. LOL

Not only did she say yes, she asked me into their Rig and I presented them to Eddie myself!!

That was a few years before I retired but I still remember how they treated me and the fans at the races!!!

Eddie, Ercie, you two are top notch in my book!!

Glad to see you have a Heritage, Ercie has good taste!!

TonY G
USN Retired!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tony G...
Thanks for your service to country!

Eddie...
Obviously we are blessed to have you in our fraternity!

God bless you guys and America,
Daniel

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wow!! I absolutely have to share this story so guys and gals bear with me here.

Eddie, Ercie, do you remember? LOL

Many years ago shortly after Eddie went over backwards in his Top Fuel Dragster I had flown in from deployment overseas and was able to attend the Annual Super Shops Pre Gatornational event where Eddie and Ercie Hill signed autographs and hung out with us car guys and benched raced the day away..

During the Bench Racing I was alerted back to my sqoadron and had to fly out to go and track some bad guys (Russian Sub off the east coast) I just knew I was going to miss the Gatornationals but we did our job (Successfully I might add! LOL) and made it home just before 5pm the following day.

I went straight to the Exchange and picked up a set of Naval Aviator (Pilots) wings and made it to G-Ville Friday morning with the intention of presenting the wings to Eddie at the Gatornationals.

Now I didnt know Ercie or Eddie other than meeting them at the Super Shops event but as I stood there at the trailer in the Pits I asked Ercie if I she could give Eddie something from the US Navy that he had earned. LOL

Not only did she say yes, she asked me into their Rig and I presented them to Eddie myself!!

That was a few years before I retired but I still remember how they treated me and the fans at the races!!!

Eddie, Ercie, you two are top notch in my book!!

Glad to see you have a Heritage, Ercie has good taste!!

TonY G
USN Retired!!!

TonY G-

We both DO remember that, and we of course still have the wings!

Thank you, from both of us, for the kind words, and again for reminding us of a pleasant memory and for the wings, and for your service to our country!:thumbsup

Ercie DOES have good taste-(picked me!:lol) and the Heritage is a real joy-- maybe the most value received per dollar spent of anything I've ever owned--

Eddie and Ercie:biggrin