Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Friggin Darth Vader!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Even though lighting is different between the two pics it looks like the original look was faithfully retained. Awesome looking car.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Stealth Xpel retained the factory matte paint look perfectly IMHO

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
These tires kick up even more gravel than the NGT

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Love it, great purchase.

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
I was at a cars and coffee yesterday and a 2006 GT showed up in matte camouflage. Underneath the car was a tungsten. I acknowledge it’s just my opinion, but just can’t tell you how underwhelming it was. I Know some of you go by the rule “no pictures, didn’t happen “ I get that, but just couldn’t find the need to photo. Pretty sure their must be pics of it elsewhere on the interweb.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Friggin Darth Vader!
Friggin well said.
Wonder if the 3 point star up front being removed would even make it look better?
Next time you start it, give it some herbs and I'll keep my ears pricked up here in FL.
is the exhaust worthy of staying OEM

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Actually wouldn't mind an upgraded exhaust if existed as bolt in. Shmee150 changed his, using one from a German shop.
I emailed them a few times, with little response. Their last email said unfortunately, their fabricator was in the Ukraine, so new orders on hold.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Depends on what you'd want to spend on a custom exhaust build if the German company won't/cant make you one from their catalog...... some worthy shops out there that I think would take it on.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Here's the wrap on my AMG. Not quite as fancy as Mitch's, but it gets the job done.

Attachments

• AMG GT3 Jaynam.jpg
    AMG GT3 Jaynam.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 22

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
That looks sick. Way faster than mine! Especially with you driving!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I was at a cars and coffee yesterday and a 2006 GT showed up in matte camouflage. Underneath the car was a tungsten. I acknowledge it’s just my opinion, but just can’t tell you how underwhelming it was. I Know some of you go by the rule “no pictures, didn’t happen “ I get that, but just couldn’t find the need to photo. Pretty sure their must be pics of it elsewhere on the interweb.
Yes, that was done by Atlanta Custom Wraps. Not my tempo either. Apparently the guy gets all his cars camo wrapped. I just dont get it.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Yes, that was done by Atlanta Custom Wraps. Not my tempo either. Apparently the guy gets all his cars camo wrapped. I just dont get it.
I don't get the camo wrap either. I've never seen one I like. I guess different strokes for different folks. As my daughters say, "you do you." Works for me. I just think the unattractive cars just make mine look better.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I don't get the camo wrap either. I've never seen one I like. I guess different strokes for different folks. As my daughters say, "you do you." Works for me. I just think the unattractive cars just make mine look better.

Yeah, I think you got it: How do you know what looks good to you, unless you see something you think doesn't look good. OK, that was too deep for me. I'm gonna go now.

Reactions: dreimer

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I have had a number of cars fully wrapped in Matt Xpel with great results! The key is to have a capable person do it. View attachment 38D54C66-D900-4F22-B132-989C11915812_1_201_a.jpegD4675CE1-0EA8-40B7-BE0F-D0F2600CD118_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: GTMD