List Price: $302.06
Our Price: $243.23
Sale Price: $184.40
Savings: $117.66

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Where do I place the order? Thanks for your help Ultrasport. I’ll take 4.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I judt googled Genuine Timken Hub Unit P/N: HA590342 and thats what came up.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Thanks ultrasport, 4 are on their way to TX. Might be drivable by the weekend.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks ultrasport, 4 are on their way to TX. Might be drivable by the weekend.

What occurred to require replacement? Can these be cleaned and repacked with grease to prolong the lifetime of the unit?

Did you end up getting the Ford units? Glad you have some solutions on the way.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
What occurred to require replacement? Can these be cleaned and repacked with grease to prolong the lifetime of the unit?

Did you end up getting the Ford units? Glad you have some solutions on the way.
From what I read they are not serviceable. The bearings are sealed. I thought you could press them out then insert new ones. From what I read in several sources they are not rebuildable.

the vendor claims they shipped, but their warehouse has not forwarded tracking info. Hopefully I’ll get that today. If they are the correct part I’ll see how many they have in inventory and post a count.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Pro Gear just called. Refunding my money, part doesn’t exist. This is the second time a parts store said they had something when they didn’t.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
All 4 hubs are the same?

Looks like I will be adding this to my Christmas list. One per year until I have a complete set on the shelf.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I haven't seen these bearings yet but on some hub assemblies I've seen, the outer bearing race IS the actual hub. That would mean NOT rebuildable. Could we find a bolt on hub that fit and swap wheel flange out? Dunno.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
From what I read they are not serviceable. The bearings are sealed. I thought you could press them out then insert new ones. From what I read in several sources they are not rebuildable.

the vendor claims they shipped, but their warehouse has not forwarded tracking info. Hopefully I’ll get that today. If they are the correct part I’ll see how many they have in inventory and post a count.

I had them serviced and put ceramic bearings in them. but when you do it they then have to bolt together in the front and the rears would be held tight by the axles. Ive been running them on my car for about 14000 miles.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I had them serviced and put ceramic bearings in them. but when you do it they then have to bolt together in the front and the rears would be held tight by the axles. Ive been running them on my car for about 14000 miles.
Who did the work? Cost? My next step is the Ford part if they exist. Cheapest is $1,180 per corner.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Most of the online “parts stores” do not have any inventory. They are “storefronts” that reach back to a distributor for fulfilling your order. That distributor could be anywhere, including in China. So when several “stores” say they have it in stock, they don’t really; they are reporting that their supplier/fulfiller shows having it in stock. The several storefronts you tried almost certainly were checking the same fulfiller—which did not have it in stock, even though they claimed to.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Most of the online “parts stores” do not have any inventory. They are “storefronts” that reach back to a distributor for fulfilling your order. That distributor could be anywhere, including in China. So when several “stores” say they have it in stock, they don’t really; they are reporting that their supplier/fulfiller shows having it in stock. The several storefronts you tried almost certainly were checking the same fulfiller—which did not have it in stock, even though they claimed to.
Either way o have checked all online sources I could find. The last one called me and said they contacted Timken. Timken said the part was discontinued.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Who did the work? Cost? My next step is the Ford part if they exist. Cheapest is $1,180 per corner.

I would need to check and see if my guy is still alive. I know he had some health issues. I forgot what the cost was as it was 8 years ago.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I’m checking with Torrie to see if he can beat $1,180.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I’m checking with Torrie to see if he can beat $1,180.

He can't unless his dealer really hooks him up and both them and him make no money... That's as cheap as you can get them. Prices just went up august first on them so if your dealer is giving them to you for that price that's a great deal cause they should be about $1377.00 a piece from a dealer as they are now $1900 a piece list... I see you quoted off tasca's online prices. I would call them in person and verify that's what they will sell to you for. I know what actual dealer price is on them cause I saw it in person last week doing an estimate. $1180 will be the cheapest you find them imo.

Reactions: Silverbullitt

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
They are cast then machined then the bearings would be fitted. I recon I could rebuild them Just need the bearings out to match new bearings, May need a little heat to help with disassemble and reassembly, but nothing is impossible.

Reactions: Anderson

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I would need to check and see if my guy is still alive. I know he had some health issues. I forgot what the cost was as it was 8 years ago.
Any Luck? Car is still down.